Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What a Feeling....

Old 04-27-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What a Feeling....

I just started bowhunting last season and to say I am hooked is an understatement. I just got through retro-fitting a Loggy Bayou Cheap Seat with a Monarch Pro padded seat this afternoon. (Very comfy by the way.) I decided to try it out just a few feet off the ground in my back yard. I strapped it to the tree and climbed aboard. Man, what a feeling. I have not sat in a stand since season closed. When I sat down and just looked around me, it was complete euphoria. I really can't describe it. I neeeeed to go hunting. Is it Oct. 1 yet? Am I dreaming. Help! I am having withdrawals. I thought I was just over excited about starting a new way of hunting. Now I know. That was just denial. The first signs of a real "problem"?

Did I say "is it Oct 1" already? Sorry, just feeling really hazy right now. Need sleep.

LT
Old 04-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What a Feeling....

I know the feeling,gas is 2.8 something a gallon, but I am driving 89 miles to the camp just to look at a new area an check my camera, sunday morning.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

LT .... every day I think about

breathing that crisp Autumn air .....

sitting 18' high in a tree

hearing that slight crunch in the leaves or seeing the flick of an ear or tail

sendinga CX 350 tipped with a two blade Rage broadhead through a big bucks lungs .....

<<sigh>>
Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

We all get that anticipation...I personally can't wait, but soon antlers will be popping and I'll get out the trail cams.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:15 PM

I am working as much OT as I possibly can because I have the "bowhunting itch" and need to purchase some updated equipment.

Just bought a G5 ASD tool for $21.50, next on my list is the Jo Jan Fletching Jig for $30. Total = $51.50....after OT, 401k, health insuranceand taxes, that's two hours worth of work!