Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you guys ever see a squirrel fall and kill itself?

Old 04-26-2007, 11:41 AM

Default RE: Did you guys ever see a squirrel fall and kill itself?

Now that I think about it, no I haven't. I HAVE though, seen a guy hit one on the run with a framing hammer.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

no i have not, but that would be pretty cool. I dont like to see thngs die but that would be crazy to see.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Spike

I had a squirrel fall not five feet from me when I was hunting on the ground this past year. I was kneeling below some branches at the edge of a field when I just hear this crashing. This is my first year hunting so loud noises in the middle of nowhere make me a little jumpy. What a sissy right? Well its absolutely silent because of a soft drizzle then branches just start smacking together over my head. I have no idea how high he fell from but he hit the ground, got up on his feet and ran straight at me! Jumped right up over my head onto the tree trunk and climbed about 10 feet up then stopped, turned around and stared at me. I thought I was gonna lose an earlobe or get a free lip piercing! He eventually high tailed it outta there and my pulse finally returned to normal.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:13 PM

no but i have seen a lot fall in the river. keep hoping to se a big pike or something eat it
Old 04-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't seen a squirrel fall, but I have seen a raccoon fall to its death. I was deer hunting in my stand and I saw two raccoons playing around in a tree about 20 yards away. I was just sitting there enjoying the peace and all of a sudden I heard this awful scream. I looked up and saw this coon falling out of a pine tree. He was screaming all the way down and then BOOM, he hit the ground. It was the last words he ever said. After the other one hit the ground the other coon went crazy. He ran down the tree and just started running all over the place. I don't know what it was doing but it was pretty funny.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

This spring, I was shed hunting through a piece of timber, and all of a sudden something swooshes past the brim of my hat and whacks my hand that was somewhat out-stretched. Scared the heck out of me, I thought I was getting hit by a friggen branch or something. Anyway, the squirrel hit the ground hard, squirmed around for a couple seconds and ran away. I was shocked when it happened, and I can tell you this much, it hit my hand HARD, enough that it kind-of hurt me for a second!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best was when lightning hit my neighbor's tree, we ran to the door in time to see a squirrel fall. He didn't get back up and he was missing some fur.
So I guess a fall caused by something bigger can kill em.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one fall from a powerline into the hardsurface road into the middle of morning traffic heading towards the city.

He survived the fall....but not the car that ran him over once he hit and started trying to make up his mind which way he was gonna run.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
Well, I waited until he grabbed that particular vine (which I already had in my hand), and I yanked it right out from under him. DowngoesFluffynuts.

Can you believe that filthy mongrel survived?It HAD to be 25+ feet. I think we had a mutual respect for each other after that.
LMBO! I was squirrel hunting with my nephews and brother, when one of them shot a squirrel as it was jumping tree tops. The little booger landed in a squirrel nest...... dilemma ..... it's just wrong to mess with nests .... but we wanted that squirrel ..... so I grabbed a vine that went all the way up to shake the "dead" squirrels out of the nest ....here he comes ....smackin' branches all the way down .... he hits the ground with a thud .... lies there motionless...... I take one step towds the little verminand he runs away like his tail was on fire! We were so shocked, noone took a shot at him .....
Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 PM

Quite interesting at the least of these bushy tails. There have been many that I shot and found only found one bb under there hides that killed them. These was on the ground to boot. I don't know if it is the shock of the gun and it getting hit that kills them, But very interesting how they can fall and live but yet die with one no.6 shot bb under it's hide.

Quick Reply: Did you guys ever see a squirrel fall and kill itself?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.