Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camo Fun What do you think

Old 04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Camo Fun What do you think

that seems they took "open patterns" to the next level...i personally think its TOO open...but then again i hunt Pennsylvania hard woods. it can get down right thick. i think thats why i have no problem with factory patterns like MO new breakup etc(though that is a bit dark for my likings..) yes...they tend to blob...but when you got cover like i usually do blobbing aint a bad thing..i cant tell you the number of people that never see me...i will hide from my hunting party in flintlock season and they cant find me...then i will get on the radio and act like im lost ive had them walk by in bow season to see what i looked like and most times they cant find me and KNOW where to look...but i have the advantage of thick wood and thick canopys..
Old 04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why the quick naysayers? I like it alot. It has the open pattern we all look for with excellant background transition. It could blend into skyline and ground cover, making it versitile and it's reasonably priced. They may be onto something!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Are those pics a joke??...........I can't honestly even find the guy in the camo works clothes.

Can you guys see them??
Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Are those pics a joke??...........I can't honestly even find the guy in the camo works clothes.

Can you guys see them??
What picture? I can see them but it is not easy. I think that is the point
Old 04-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not a great pattern for treestand hunting! The only way to break the edge is by mixing Large sections of differing colors (whites, browns, and grays). This is what takes the edge off the human outline that deer associate as danger. Intrusion Treeline and Predator Fall Gray do the best job at this!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:58 PM

When I finally saw them in the pics, I was pretty surprised. Ina couple of the B&W pics I couldn't see anything though.

They might be onto something.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Dominant Buck

I've said it before and I'll say it, again.

MOST camo is sold based on what PEOPLE like....and NOT what the animal might actually see.

I don't see a reason why this wouldn't "work".
Old 04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever works(I'm sure it will). My son and I sat on the edge of one of the fields I hunt yesterday evening and I was wearing blue jeans and a tan shirt , my son had on jeans and a blue shirt(we hadn't really plannned on going there). We had a doe feed to within 30 yards of us and never had a clue until I told him to stand up andstart walking towards her. Sit still, be quiet, good wind.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:20 PM

It's creative, I'll give it that. Looks animated, but it just might work. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it, but that's just me. [&:]
Old 04-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

From the pics they have on the site it looks like it works pretty well. I don't know that it will catch on, but I've seen worse patterns that still sell. Personally, I'll stick with my ASAT and Predator. Until I can bend light like Susan Storm of the Fantastic 4 they are the next best thing.

Quick Reply: Camo Fun What do you think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.