Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Need advice on bow sight

Old 04-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default Need advice on bow sight

I need to buy a new sight for my bow. I was hoping you all could give me some advice on what sights are good. I am looking for a horizontal fixed pin sight, the cheaper the better because I am in college and money is tight.

Also, I shoot left handed, can a sight be put on a bow either way, or do they make specifically left handed bow sights?

Thanks
Old 04-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Need advice on bow sight

I like the extreme line of sights- you can sometimes pick up new ones on ebay reasonable

Most of the sights now days are reversables which means you simply reverse where the sight mounts for left handed shooting
Old 04-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I htink the PSE line of sightsare good, inexpensive sights. You can likely pick one up for (starting) around $40. My son has one on his SB.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cobra sites and TruGlo are two companys that make nice inexpensive sites
Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have a truglo 5 pin "extreme" for the money i think its a good sight. pretty simple to adjust and everything...i dont like the whole idea of plastic housing and all that...(its mounted with metal) but i hunted with it all season and it held up. pretty dang bright as well. ive left my tree many many evenings and i could still see my pins...
Old 04-25-2007, 09:30 AM

I also have the TruGlo 5 pin extreme site with micro adjustments, tooless and light...I like it very much! for under $80...it's the best I could afford.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:29 PM

i use vital gear sights. i just love the diagonal pins, but hey thats just me, i like to see the entire field of view inside the ring. they are fairly expensive though, so for your situation id say truglo, on sale at walmart for 15 bucks for me. cant get any cheaper, and they worked fine, i just cant stand horizontal pins.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Fork Horn

Most companies put out good products these days. One lesson that i learned is to watch out for sights with exposed fiber optics strings. While hunting in illinois last year a small twig got caught on my fiber optic cable and pulled it out of the mount. I was able to do a quick fix with some super glue to keep it in place for the rest of the week, but i guess because of the glue it lost most of it's brightness. Just something to watch out for. If it would have happened on the way in to my stand I may not have noticed until it was too late. That sight was an HHA. I now have a Vital Gear that has a guard protecting the fiber optic all the way to the tip.