Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow and forgiveness

Old 04-24-2007, 06:24 AM
bigcountry

Default New Bow and forgiveness

Would like to know some of your opinions. I like most on here has moved thru the years from bow to bow. Starting with a bear whitetail hunter, pullies and all, to browning excellerator plus, to PSE Mohave, to my current 04 bowtech liberty VFT.

I went from really long ATA bows, long brace hieght, that were very forgiving, to my current favorite a releatively shorter ATA bow, that I find to be not so forgiving but shock free.

I shoot the liberty fine but find it less forgiving than my 44" ATA bows, but much better feel.

Should I consider going with a newer faster bow like the drenelin, or Allegience, or guardian? Or will I hate the unforgiveness even more with a more heavily reflexed bow?

Do you think the allegience would be a whole lot less forgiving that a liberty VFT?

Old 04-24-2007, 06:31 AM

Default RE: New Bow and forgiveness

Stop by the shop. I've got quite a few that will be much more 'forgiving' that you can shoot.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:01 AM

My understanding would be that the Guardian should be significantly more forgiving than either the Allegiance, Drenalin or Liberty VFT. It is touted as having a more forgivingrisergeometrysimilarto those older, longer bows of years past.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe a stupid question but here goes. What do you guys mean by "forgiving". I keep hearing people say this with the longer brace hights but I'm not sure what its all about. I had a Jennings Onestar that was like 47"ata and I now shoot an 05 allegiance the is like 33" ata that I love. The allegiance has a shorter brace hight and shoots much more consitant and accurate.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:09 PM
bigcountry

wow, I just went to Len's and shot the Guardian. I shoudl have shot the commander while there. But it will be my next purchase. Len showed me a cool things, like the cams are lined up perfectly.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:48 PM

Mark - not to take anything away from Bowtech, but have you tried any Mathews bows?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:55 PM

Roskoe:

I have samples of the Drenalin, SB and SBXT in the shop for customers to try against anything else. If he wants to do a side-by-side comparison, that's no problem.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Len, you really need to move to Western NY
Old 04-24-2007, 07:43 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Roskoe

Mark - not to take anything away from Bowtech, but have you tried any Mathews bows?
Yep, shot my brothers switchback. Seems like a fine bow, but just little hard for me to hold one target. Just didn't feel right for me.