Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Almost bagged two does Friday!

Old 04-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Almost bagged two does Friday!

This past weekend, I went to do some bass fishing with a friend who lives in Cherokee Village, Arkansas. Friday morning, we headed out for Lake Norfork at 5:00 AM. About a half mile from the ramp, I topped a steephill and there they were, about 30 yards in front of me. Four deer in all. At least, that's whatmy fried Dave said, because all I saw were the two that were directly in front of me. All I could do at that range was lock up the wheels, which didn't do much good going down hill towing the boat. Lucky for me (and them) one tried to scramble to the left and one scrambled to the right. I aimed for the opening between them and almost cleared them. Some part of the deer on the leftmade contact with the drivers side mirror on my F-150 and it folded back hard and the mirror shattered. That was the only contact. I skidded toa stop, got out and looked to make sure she was okay and to check the truck. All I have to do is replace the mirror. I got lucky, I guess. It could have been a lot worse all around. I was wondering why the posted speed limit was 35 through there. Now I know.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:52 AM

Default RE: Almost bagged two does Friday!

that sucks