Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
twin cams
36.49%
solo cam
52.70%
recuve
6.76%
longbow
4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Twin cams or Solo cam what do you shoot?

Old 04-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Twin cams or Solo cam what do you shoot?

ORIGINAL: Drizzu213

like I said It's not my fault that your twin cam is slow,I said twin cams are faster and isn't the blacknight II a twincam?So now what?

Old 04-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

like I said It's not my fault that your twin cam is slow,I said twin cams are faster and isn't the blacknight II a twincam?So now what?
Huh???[&:]
Old 04-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you need to get a clue I'll be happy to sell you one!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:08 PM

I was at work all day, I work in a factory 10 hours a day 4 days a week (get fridays off). I'm cooking diner now, bbq pork chops.

I responded to a PM he sent me, I will pretty much say the same thing later if I have the time. I will say I responded to it before I read this thread. Otherwise I would have said it here instead.

Paul
Old 04-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it me or is Drizzu213 sound like he is maybe 12, 13 if he is lucky. You cant generalize the fact that a twin cam is faster than a single. Some are and some arent. It all depends on the bow, the manufacturer, and the design. Now that we straightened all that out, I have a question for Drizzu213. What kind of bow do you shoot? Let me guess, its either a mathews genesis or a parker buckshot right.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Solo Cam, Works for me.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:14 PM

Sorry to hear that your twin cams are so slow not my fault,also is'nt the bowtech blacknight II the fastest bow on earth (supposedly),and I believe it is a twin cam so please stop trying to start problems when it's obvious you know very little about bows!
Ok, I'm back. MMM grilled boneless pork chops, mashed taters and sweet corn. I could use a nap now.

Wow, I wonder how that read before you edited it? Why would you conceive what I said as trying to start problems? You made a few statements, I disagreed with them. Isn't that what this place is all about? I am not allowed to have a differing opinion as you do? Well I guess I know better now don't I. If I try to start problems you won't have any trouble seeing it, trust me.

In my PM I pretty much said what you guys have. Just because you have duals doesn't mean you will have a faster bow. It really depends on bow design. And I believe most current true duals are medium cams that are actually slower than most hybrids or singles. I suppose a dual could have the potential to produce more power. I'm not an engineer though so I can't say for sure. I believe there have been some pretty darn fast single cams though, they just didn't market very well. As a matter of fact the BK's didn't stick around for very long really. To get that kind of speed you need to give up some things. Like a smooth draw and a forgiving set up.

Bowtechs used to have the logo "The fastest bows in the World" and Mathews touted the Black Max as "The fastest bow on the Planet". Even though it was only about 330 fps. Which was probably pretty fast for the time it came out. And the Black Max turbo cam was rated at 340+ fps, and it's a single cam. Then Bowtech was making single cams that were as fast, they even had a 3 cam bow, parker also used the technology for a while. I think both were in the 330 fps range. And of course the BKII was in the 340-350 range.

And I really wasn't joking with my comment about the strings. If you are having problems with tuning your duals you should seriously look into better strings. Gibblet could probably set you up with some for a good price. My bowtech has not moved since the day I picked it up as far tuning and string creep goes. And I even broke a couple of strands screwing around. Quality strings are a great thing.

I would really like to hear Len's opinion on this, but I doubt he will give it. He has probably forgotten more about archery in the past few months than I could hope to know.

Paul
Old 04-23-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very well said Paul. It's because of guys like you, Len (and others that I don't have room to name) that I've continued to visit this site for years. Thanks.

Does anyone else sense any amount of "Little Man Syndrome?" I'm imagining a guy that has to do a pull-up on his nerf bar to get into is Ford F350 with 44" tires and a 12" body lift.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Paul,that was way to politically correct.

You are 110% correct in EVERYTHING you stated.

But then again, I know very little about bows too.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats pretty good dwd2001. Im starting to think Drizzu213 must be mini me's twin, or at least younger brother.

Quick Reply: Twin cams or Solo cam what do you shoot?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.