Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Kill for the Drenalin!

Old 04-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First Kill for the Drenalin!

Well its not a spring turkey or bear, but it is the first kill for the new bow. I got off work a bit early today so I took my family and went down by the river just outside of city limits and killed me some chucks. I think my kids were as happy as me. I am only sighted in for 20 yards but I was able to pull off a shot on this chuck at a bit over 40.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First Kill for the Drenalin!

Idaho, nice shooting, hey I see you have some future elk hunters and packers there! cute kids..

Old 04-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

shed, yep I sure do have greatandcutekids!I agree they will make great elk hunters and packers foryears to come. lol. I admit with kids being youngmy wife being a fulltime student I don't have much time to go after turkey or bear right now. If I didn't have to travel far I could pull it off, but I don't have the time or money right now to do it. The only open season turkey unit near us is a hour and a half away and almost a tank of gas for round trip. I will try to hook up with a buddy for bear a bit later towards the end of the season. Well at least I hope to do so, but to know that I can still do little hunts like this with my family is truly priceless.To watch my son today in his excitment you would have thought we were chasing a bull elk.lol I was a proud and happydaddy indeed!.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey man hang in there, you have your priorities straight and thats important. Wont be long and the little Mrs will be done with school freeing you guys up with more time and finances... I'm gonnabe in Riggins this weekend turkey hunting and watching the Jet boat races, I wish you guys could come down we could hook up for a turkey hunt! I'm mostly gonna be calling and videoing my brother, he's finally decided to give turks a try..

Take care and best of luck to you and yours.. maybe someday when our kids are older (mine are 6 and almost 4)you and I can hook for an Idaho archery elk hunt/ both familys..be fun

How'd you do at the Worlds this year, I saw Rocky at the bighorn show in Spokane, didnt get to talk to him though he wasbusy..I am happy for him..looked like he was doing well with his business..

Troy

Old 04-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

How'd you do at the Worlds this year,
Didn't do so hot, came in 13th overall, it wasn't my best day. Can't blame anyone but mysleflol.Rocky well he rocked this year, I know the last few years have been roughfor himon stage so it was nice to see him bring his A game and be ontop again. He is a great caller, but I still think his son Cory is a bit better.I am thankful that they are friends, and greatfull they cheer meonas well as other competitors.Overall win loose or draw it was a fun time with great friends. Even with not making the top 5 this year, I am picking up another sponsorship with Brunton Optics. So I am thankfull for that.

Take care and best of luck to you and yours.. maybe someday when our kids are older (mine are 6 and almost 4)you and I can hook for an Idaho archery elk hunt/ both familys..be fun
We need to do that, it would be a lot of fun. BTW how did you do this past year for elk? I ended up with a cow for meat/jerky. Horns are sure nice but so is a good elk steak, lol.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:12 AM

great shot
Old 04-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

LoL !!!!!!! Good shooting, and get those little ones some proper camo will ya!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good shooting, and get those little ones some proper camo will ya!!!!!!!!
LOL, They do have a few sets of camo, butmy wife and Imade a promise to them that we would go to the park before dark after I had my fun. My girl right now is into everything pink, and that is what she wanted to wareso I wasn't too worried about my son or I being all in camo. Because we were right outsideour city limits with 80 thousand people these chucks don't get shot at with rifles so they will let you get withinto 40 yards or so away before making a run to thier hole. If you go driving for15-20 minutes out of the city in almost any direction we can shoot guns (public land)and you'll see very few chucks. So this area is perfect for bowhunters and lucky for me very few around here know about it. The only people I see around this areaare fishermen and a lot of teenage paintballers who do shoot paintballs at the chucks from time to time. I know this becaue I have seen more than one chuck with paint splatter on it. lol We have a lot of hunters statewidein Idaho, over 200,000 with only around 30,000 being archers, but our sport its growing here becaue its becoming harder to hunt elk general season every year with a gun becasue a lot of areas are going to draw hunts. With archery on the other hand the state is wide open for us, over the counter elk tags general seasonmonth long either sex hunt for almost every unit. If the wolves don't screw it up we will always be a top elk archery state as far as numbers go.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great pic, and congrats on the nice shootin'!!! I LOVE seeing the pics with everybody's kids involved; they are the future of our sport, after all... My ones with my boy have become my favorite to post these days. I hope more dads are getting their families involved. Kudos to you sir!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:17 AM

lefty

Quick Reply: First Kill for the Drenalin!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.