Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which should i buy first?

Old 04-17-2007, 10:33 AM

Default RE: Which should i buy first?

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I'm honestly shocked to hear folks NOT suggest the rangefinder and then to hear that they are "over rated",.... now there's a 15 yard shooter!

I consider a rangefinder one of THE most important pieces of hunting equipment that I own! Who cares much about the camcorder.
I agree..........I would never go out without my rangefinder and it is the first thing I do once I get settled in. I don't like to "guess" at anything.

Plus, I have both...........and I use the rangefinder way more then the camcorder........I get plenty of memories from the digital camera.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with IL Cornfed. Unless that camcorder comes with a cameraman, I'd go with the rangefinder. Recording hunts is cool, but it comes out better if someone else is filming anyway. Besides, how embarrassing would it be to be up in your tree trying to figure out how to erase the miss you just had because you misjudged the distance.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

Nikon 660
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

Picked-up a Canon ZR500 camcorder last year. It is very small, good battery life, easy to operate, highly recommend.
Dandbuck
Old 04-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

thanx for the input from both sides!! i think im going to go with the camcorder this year. My buddy has a rangefinder that i can take and range and mark the trails i have any question about.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:38 PM

camcorder
Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Fork Horn

Guessing on your shot is the last thing that you want to do but a cammera is more practical but dont do it yourself.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Dominant Buck

A simple digital can keep the memories. A good rangefinder will give you something to take a picture of.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

A simple digital can keep the memories. A good rangefinder will give you something to take a picture of.
Well said. I do think that your looking at a price difference here though. You can get a good rangefinder for $200. I think that a good camera will run you about twice that much or more...so i think that if you have a budget you might want to consider this
Old 04-18-2007, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would buy the one that I thought would help me be a better hunter. Make a list of the ways each will make you a better hunter and then buy the one with the most items in the list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.