Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who has/had a Hoyt ZR200

Old 04-14-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Who has/had a Hoyt ZR200

Just wondering because a guy at work has one he paid $100 for from a guy hard up for cash(i'm gonna check monday to see if it is not messed up in any way and its not stolen guy bought it new). i was told by one of my buddies who saw it that it's in great looking shape, camo is near flawless, its fully loaded, RH 29" 70lb. I can get it for $175, he wants a decent bit more but he knows i know what he paid and is negotiable. I've never handled or shot one so what do you guys think?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Who has/had a Hoyt ZR200

I personally think that's too much money for that bow. Decent bows though for when they came out.

By the way, that is a limb option, not the name of the bow if I remember correctly. The bow is probably a magnetec or MT sport. Like I said, pretty decent bows, I nearly purchased one myself. They were under $400 dollars new for the most expensive model, keep that in mind.

Paul
Old 04-14-2007, 07:18 PM

okay i wasnt sure if that was just the limbs or bow model. i'm not too hoyt informed. i wanted one last year but never found a good deal ona lazertec or powertec and when i found out about the 07 hoyts they lost my business. priced themselves waaaay out of what i am willing to pay. i know if i had money out my hind end i would pay 7-800 without question but i dont. i dont care to pay that for a firearm, but a bow that will not be around in 50 years within reason, i'm not payin over $400. Hence my decision on the ol' Bear Element. I thought that might have been a decent deal for the Hoyt, everyone around here acts like its made of solid gold and near priceless which i guess is just from the name on the limbs.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:05 PM

i payed $600 for my magnatec when it first came out around 5 years ago.
its an awesome bow, i still use it to hunt with. its all decked out. the dropzone and sts goes really well with this bow.

i would buy that bow and put a fall away rest/wb on it, sts, a new stringand blazers and you will be grouping shots consistantly at 25 yards.

you pay big $$$ for the new models, they do shoot better, but shooting under 25 yards they have the same accuracy, just the new models are smoother shooting.

i really hate buying stuff used becuase you dont knowwho was the previous owner, but sometimes life only lets you afford what you can afford.

if that bow is in your price range and doesnt have cracks in the limbs and was taken care of then i think its a good deal for a hoyt. ive dropped my magna tec 20+ feet in the air broke my sight, but didnt stratch my bow. its a good and accuratebow. ive had no problems with it

good luck on it. ive shot many bows, but i only buy the 1 bow that fits me the best. and it happend to be the magnatec hoyt.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:46 AM

I've shot aHoyt MT Sport with the ZR 200 limbs for the past4 yearsand I have never had a problem with it. Yes it was one of their lower end bows, but it still does the same thing as all other bows. The bottom line is if you like it and shoot it good, go ahead and buy it.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

If price is an issue and you want a new bow,check out the reflex line.The new line is awesome and cheaper than the Hoys but made by them.

http://www.reflexbow.com/

Old 04-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

I have owned 2 magna tecs.A redline HO and a zr200.I recently sold the zr200 for around $220 on ebay,with a wisker bisquit drop tine 6 arrow hoyt quiver,tranquilizer stabilizer.Mine was the cam 1/2 model,not a solo cam model.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:53 PM

well i'd like a backup for the bear element and i had wanted a Reflex super slam or buckskin but never found a good deal on them either, heck basspro still aint marked their 06 models down. and the 07 reflex lineup is really pricey too, seems they followed the parent company with pricing. if i get a hoyt/reflex model i want one with the tec-riser and its hard to find anyone witha good price.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Hoyt ZR200 (Dynatec) It has the Cam and 1/2 system. I got a new bow and was thinking about selling this... It has a Toxonics K9 site and NAP Quicktune 1000 rest, and Hoyt stabilizer!

Are you at all interested?

Jim
Old 04-15-2007, 08:34 PM

neck4752, check your pms

Quick Reply: Who has/had a Hoyt ZR200

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.