Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Our new Cabelas is open

Old 04-14-2007, 04:02 PM

Default RE: Our new Cabelas is open

I've always loved Cabelas more than bass pro or any other store. I'm glad we have one so close to us. Too bad I'm back at school. I guess I'll have to make a trip after turkey season. How is it decorated compared to the Bass pro as far as mounts and such?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:33 PM

I was wondering just the other day when that store would be open....Cool!! Gonna have to take an hour road trip I think.....
Old 04-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

I've always loved Cabelas more than bass pro or any other store. I'm glad we have one so close to us. Too bad I'm back at school. I guess I'll have to make a trip after turkey season. How is it decorated compared to the Bass pro as far as mounts and such?

It has the traditional Mountain in the middle with a ton of awsome mounts. Plus more great looking mounts scattered throughout the store. It is huge on the inside. I would say it seems a little more upscale if that is the right term. I have been in the one outside of Minneapolis before. This one might be a little bigger, but that one had a second floor over part of it with home furnishings a resturant and a camping section up there. This one is all on one level.

But then I also stopped at the BP store in St. Charles this morning and they have done a complete remodel. It is a nicer more polished look also. Not looking like you were walking into a K-Mart as it used to be. I almost thaught I was in a different store. Whole areas have moved.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

the one here in ga theyve been building for a couple years and its still not open but its gunna be huge
Old 04-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Spike

I was able to visit the new Cabelas on Wed. They opened two days early to Cabela card holders. I was also pretty impressed. They have some awesome mounts scattered throughout the store. Didn't by anything, just sightseeing. The lines were ridiculously long. But all in all I think it's a great store. Gonna give BP a little competition.

Old 04-15-2007, 08:25 AM

I made their first mortgage payment for them on thurs the 12th at their invite only opening.

dual gps units (for me & dad)...scent lok carry bag...bow case...bag of plastic worms for a co-worker.