Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are hunters selfish??

Old 04-16-2007, 10:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Are hunters selfish??

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Yes, but not because they are hunters but because they are people/human.
Excellent point and one I was waiting to be made........now substitute the word "jealous" in for "selfish" and the response you get is quite interesting.......it appears we are much more comfortable pointing the finger at others then we are at ourselves. Notice how most of those that balk at the term "selfish" had no problem applying the term "jealous".

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1919179&mpage=1

Man you're easy to read, don't play poker

Are you still all bent out of hape over a 4 month old thread, LOL Move on and buy some land and retire at 50
Old 04-16-2007, 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Yes, but not because they are hunters but because they are people/human.
Excellent point and one I was waiting to be made........now substitute the word "jealous" in for "selfish" and the response you get is quite interesting.......it appears we are much more comfortable pointing the finger at others then we are at ourselves. Notice how most of those that balk at the term "selfish" had no problem applying the term "jealous".

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1919179&mpage=1

Man you're easy to read, don't play poker

Are you still all bent out of hape over a 4 month old thread, LOL Move on and buy some land and retire at 50
I really don't understand your posting sometimes germ..........I made the exact same point in the jealousy thread as Rob made here........what's interesting is how different people feel when they are talking about "them".......vs how they feel when they are talking about "us".

Old 04-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Could you please expound on this? I think it's interesting.....where this might go.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:38 AM

See above
Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Atlas:

I want to understand exactly what you're getting to......so could you show me exactly where and how to "switch" the terms to get to your question? Do you mean in the original question (page 1)....as it was originally asked?

I think this might be interesting...is the only reason I ask.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I really don't understand your posting sometimes germ
ditto

What really bothered you when the guy said I have 13 stands and nobody is killing a buck but me?

Were you thinking "I am way better hunter than this clown, I would clean up"?

Old 04-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Chalk me up in the selfish category then. If I hung the stand, scouted, etc....I'm the one doing the lions share of the hunting there. How many guys go out on a lake fishing, find a real honey hole and then tell everyone the GPS coordinates to get there? Didn't think so.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:54 AM

What really bothered you when the guy said I have 13 stands and nobody is killing a buck but me?

Actually what I thought about was my best friends father who has MS and doesn't get to hunt anymore because someone convinced a farmer to let him post his land and kick eveyone else off.

Your story is funnier though I guess
Old 04-16-2007, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

How many guys go out on a lake fishing, find a real honey hole and then tell everyone the GPS coordinates to get there? Didn't think so.

I live in the great lakes and finger lakes region. This is actually common practice for charter boatcaptains as they all try to look out for one another.................well, most of them anyways.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually what I thought about was my best friends father who has MS and doesn't get to hunt anymore because someone convinced a farmer to let him post his land and kick eveyone else off.

Your story is funnier though I guess
Ok will use your example

Is this a charcter flaw of the hunter in the person, or is this person just an arse?

Quick Reply: Are hunters selfish??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.