Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are hunters selfish??

Old 04-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are hunters selfish??

Atlas,
I stillbelieve this is a good thread, yes it is a general question but sometimes very general questions canlead to all different kinds of answers and perspectives and often these kind of questionsare almost impossible to thoroughly answer with a yes or no. If every one just answered yes or no and there was no elaboration or explanationthis forum would get boring real quick.The question is very open ended.Just for an example it iskind of like askingare hunters lazy? Well of course some are and some aren't and we probably all have days where we are even if just a little. My point is that this question could go anywhere. Still this wasan interesting thread in mymind anyway.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Ahh yes, butbit more complicated Mr. Atlas.
Actually, it's quite simple.........but like anything else can be MADE more complicated.

Poorly ask question, on what hand we are, and I the other we're not
You're thinking way too much...........all I wanted to know is if hunters in general (as a whole) tend to be selfish.......and I gave some examples from real life and this forum of how in some ways I think we tend to be. If anything, hopefully it stirs some self reflection in people who can do more for others.

I'm having trouble understanding why being less selfish is a bad thing.

This thread was about no one in particular...........if you read it and immediately thought it was about you then maybe you should ask yourself why that is.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Ahh yes, butbit more complicated Mr. Atlas.
Actually, it's quite simple.........but like anything else can be MADE more complicated.

Poorly ask question, on what hand we are, and I the other we're not
You're thinking way too much...........all I wanted to know is if hunters in general (as a whole) tend to be selfish.......and I gave some examples from real life and this forum of how in some ways I think we tend to be. If anything, hopefully it stirs some self reflection in people who can do more for others.

This thread was about no one in particular...........if you read it and immediately thought it was about you then maybe you should ask yourself why that is.
No, but like new said it is a tough answer as a group.

For every case some brings me as a selffish hunter I can show you those who are not.

Like new said it is open ended question, and a stupid one IMO
Old 04-16-2007, 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

If every one just answered yes or no and there was no elaboration or explanationthis forum would get boring real quick.
Agreed, but my comment was about the guys who started off saying one thing and are now saying the opposite...........and justifyng it with tons of qualifiers.

The original topic hasn't been discussed in pages.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 AM

No, but like new said it is a tough answer as a group.
Why??.......it's simple. On average when you thing about all the hunters you know do they tend to be selfish or not?

and a stupid one IMO
Then stop replying and go to a different thread.........no one is forcing you to read this.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

You're thinking way too much...........all I wanted to know is if hunters in general (as a whole) tend to be selfish.......
Yes, but not because they are hunters but because they are people/human.

a
nd I gave some examples from real life and this forum of how in some ways I think we tend to be. If anything, hopefully it stirs some self reflection in people who can do more for others.
Great point.

The stigma behind it, if I were to say, "your selfish", that paints a bad light. Yes, I think we all tend to be, we lock our doors to protect "our" stuff from others, we keep quiet about a particular buck so others don't persue it, we post property to keep others out. We are all selfish in some respect, we are all human.

I never thought it were about anyone particular, interesting though.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Then stop replying and go to a different thread.........no one is forcing you to read this.

It is just what I think, sorry. No differnce than you think a book/article is terrible or that it sucked.

You have the right to says so, I have the right to say this is a stupid question.

No we're not selfishand yes we are.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Yes, but not because they are hunters but because they are people/human.
Excellent point and one I was waiting to be made........now substitute the word "jealous" in for "selfish" and the response you get is quite interesting.......it appears we are much more comfortable pointing the finger at others then we are at ourselves. Notice how most of those that balk at the term "selfish" had no problem applying the term "jealous".

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1919179&mpage=1

Old 04-16-2007, 10:52 AM

It is just what I think, sorry.

Apology accepted
Old 04-16-2007, 10:54 AM

Selfish? Im not really sure about that. Hunters are lazy... and most hunters lose about 20 iq points when they pick up their weapons. Hunters are greedy and hunters will take advantage of each other with any given chance. But selfish? not really sure about that one...

Quick Reply: Are hunters selfish??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.