Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand design ideas

Old 04-12-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Treestand design ideas

I have buildt some climbing, ladder and hang on tree stands the last couple of months. Well now my family has decided it is my new hobby and to sell them. I have sold all but a few I have made. So my question to the real hunters here at HNI is. What are somt hings you would like to see added to your stand? What I plan is takingthese ideas and seeing what I can come up with and bring them to the best market online right here in these forms. Please remember these stands are centered towards the bowhunter
Old 04-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Treestand design ideas

honestly i think u aughta be carefull... this day in age u build a stand an sell it to someone an something happens to them while there in it.. u bet there gonna try an get ya for alll u got.. im not sayin your building crap stands or anything but id be lil scared to do it.. but good luck. some kinda foot rest are always nice.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:00 PM

md i agree with you on that. that is why they all signed waivers. before anymore are sold there will be a product insurance plan on them. this is just the planning stage.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

good thinkin!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I want it quick to set up, roomy, comfy, as strong as Gibraltor and weighing around 12-15 pounds fully loaded. You make it you've made millions. At least make it less than 20 pounds.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:52 AM

roomys what i look for
Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 AM
Banned

Quiet, lightweight, comfortable, and easy to hang. Basically the Lone Wolf Alpha Hangon but sold at 1/2 the price.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:14 AM
Typical Buck

big platform light 12-15 for portables

17-20 ft. high for ladder stands and a good seat foot rest and big platform

Old 04-13-2007, 07:46 AM

Just a side note to add. I am trying to work on when ladder stand breaks down you can use it as a carry cart. Yes 20' mountable wheels.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did a lot of shopping before I just recently got my first climber. One thing that I noticed them all missing was a way to tighten the "platform" section to the tree. They all come with a strap to tighten the seat to the tree, and you have to tie a rope to both sections to keep the platform from possibly falling. I imagine this is because it's difficult and dangerous to reach down to foot level to attach a strap.
Do you suppose there would be a way to design something that's foot operated that could accomplish this? If you could, I'd definitetly buy it.

Quick Reply: Treestand design ideas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.