Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand design ideas

Old 04-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Treestand design ideas

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Quiet, lightweight, comfortable, and easy to hang. Basically the Lone Wolf Alpha Hangon but sold at 1/2 the price.

While you're at it, I want a Mercedes S55 for the price of a Ford Fusion.

And I wouldn't mind a Movado watch for the price of a Fossil watch either, so if you can fit that in your schedule put me down for one.

As other people touched on already - be very, very careful with making sure you're covering your butt on liability issues. I would unquestionably contact the TMA if you're thinking about commercially distributing and selling any treestand. They're probably going to be your best source of information on what is required to keep you out of trouble.

http://www.tmastands.com/
Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Critique this brainstorm I had guys. If it makes millions, I want my share.

Old 04-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it were me I would make those loops with a looped bolt or u bolt that goes thru the stand metal. A weld is much cleaner but can not be done the same each time. Especially if hand welded. A bolt and some lock washers/nuts would make me more comfortable if I built it.

I like it otherwise.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Before the first sale.... assemble your team of Lawyers..You'll need'em
Old 04-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I want one only 150'' and above bucks walk under

LoneWolf, make one better than them and I will buy it(Climber)

Hangon make one better than Gorrila for the price and i will buy it
Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

MORE COMFORTABLE SEATS!!! So many treestands shave weight by skimping on the seat. Beef it up, makeit a little wider and deeper than the average stand, and you'll have something. I also think that most stands have the seats too low to the platform. Chippewa Treestands have different heights available, and that was a big selling point for me.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wheatley - I never really put much thought into how the loops would be attached. Good points.

I'm just thinking that you would hook through the hole on the bottom, wrap it around the tree, cinch it good and tight (maybe give it a couple wraps to hold it steady), then feed it up through the top, give it a couple wraps, then over to the other bracket and ratchet it down. It would be a drag, b/c you'd have rope or nylon webbing strung everywhere, but it would definitely hold your stand in place, and be relativelyeasy to unbuckle when you wanted to climb down. Just one ratchet/buckle/knot.

Lots of guys just don't like not having any supplemental gription to the trunk other than the teeth/band.

I always thought that Loggy Bayou had the best "lockdown" mechanism. You can really ratchet that baby down, and it will not move an inch.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: nwochuck

Just a side note to add. I am trying to work on when ladder stand breaks down you can use it as a carry cart. Yes 20' mountable wheels.
This was actually the idea I was gonna suggest. That would be great! I've never been a fan of climbers, and I hate carrying a full ladder stand several hundred yards into the woods, rolling it would be nice. How bout cup holders and a 12V plug in so I can charge my cell? Heck I could even get an invertor, bring mylaptop andget a betterwireless card, I could talk to you guys while I was waiting for deer to come!The foot rest ideas are pretty good too, always nice to be comfy up there in the tree. Maybe some kind of bow holder built in too. I think there is someone that does that already, but its a good idea either way.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually design stands - have designed stands for around 5 years for Lone Wolf. If you've never used one, I'd suggest doing so. The cast platform is the biggest advantage as far as noise, strength, and life cycle. As far as I'm concerned, it solves more problems associated with "in-the-field" features and benefits than anything. It's the stand to beat!

I would highly suggest you look into liability insurance before selling anything, you are putting your personal liability on the line, and if you haven't noticed, there are very few "small" stand manufactures around for this reason.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:57 AM

I would like to see a stand with fewer straight lines. Jagged edges, curves, whatever. when I walk under a stand the 'squareness' of it really jumps out at me, so just imagine what it may look like to animals of prey.

I've drawn several up, but couldn't figure out an easy way to mass produce them, and the cost of handmade standscould almost be insane.

Quick Reply: Treestand design ideas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.