Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are some bucks impossible to kill????

Old 04-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are some bucks impossible to kill????

Like others have said,impossible no,unlikely yes.When an older buck values survival more than procreation that is going to be one difficult animal to kill.You will either have to get very lucky or have someone put them on their feet having them head in your direction.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I feel as if I could of wrote that post. In hunting a perticular buck they can be kind of ghostly. I've hunted a couple of those ghost in my life over a several year period and for some reason he kept busting and eluding me and then he came in on my scent line and came in at 8oclock to my left 5 ft away and he just froze, I am screwed cause I shoot a bow LH, I was watching him through the corners of my eyes and tried to hold back the blinks as my heart was racing out of my chest, he's not moving,my eyes started burning from not blinking and tearing up and then he blew and was gone. What the hell.!!! I have'nt a clue and after haveing this short of thing happened to me several times a year and for several years its kinda like encountering something that knew me better than I know myself.

Bobby
Old 04-15-2007, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I train in mixed martial arts once to twice a week, and also lift and do cardio. I lift lighter weights for building endurance as opposed to heavy weightstrying to get maximum strength. With the cardio I do more sprints than long distance running, although I do the occasional four to six mile jog just to mix things up.

Being fit helps a great deal in deer hunting. Even if I don't bag a deer, I still feel more aware of how I can best be alert while on stand though proper nutrition.Being fit also helps to have the energy to carry all of my equipment in and out of the woods.I never go on stand in the morning without eating a good breakfast. You would be surprisedwith how carbs really help staying observant while on stand.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, my lastwas supposed to go into the fitness thread. [&:]