Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are some bucks impossible to kill????

Old 04-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Are some bucks impossible to kill????

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

During the rut ANYTHING is poissible...
exactly.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I don't know that I would ever say "impossible".........however, what I would say is that you should analyze the situation and allocate your time accordingly...........don't waste it chasing something you have 2 chances (slim and none) of killing. Spend the majority of your time where your chances are better and then pick and choose a few select scenerios that you think would be PERFECT and offer you the BEST chance at that buck even if that BEST chance is still minimal. Peg your "perfect" setup and only hunt that deer when all the chips are in line (wind, time of day, time of season, weather, etc) and give it your best run on those few select chances. This way you don't waste the majority of your time chasing a low percentage long shot...........but you will still feel like you gave it a good run and put in some smart thought out hunts.

Plus if you bag him how sweet will it be to know you beat him with your brains and skill...........instead of just sitting him out.

I don't know who you are, but what have you done with Atlas?

The above is great advice, I will add unless you know the buck is there it is hard to kill him.

Most of us(me too) simple do not know what is in our woods. We have an idea, but unless we have the woods under 24 hr watch, we just do not know.

There was 180'' double drop tine buck killed along US 23 in 2001. I drove by where this deer was killed everyday. I never layed eyes on him, and neither did anyone I know. Someone saw him got permission to hunt the land(land owner did not even know) and killed the deer.

Ghost bucks do exist IMO, but these guys are 5.5 and up, and they know things

Old 04-13-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

Ghost bucks do exist IMO, but these guys are 5.5 and up, and they know things
I agree. Another reason for trail cams. We got pictures of 3 bucks that we did not see one time during the season (I got a camera for Xmas). They are fun for seeing what is out there when you are not.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingbry, i think i read that exact article. I think it was saying that once they reach that age, they know the deal and become more concerned with survival instead of breeding and fighting.

As for impossible to kill bucks. I dont think that there is any deer that is impossible to kill, although some seem it. I read in one magazine one time, think about how many trees a deer walks by in a day- Thousands. You could have a tree stand in any one of them. A deer has to move atleast alittle bit dureing daylight hours. I might be mistaken, but i have heard they have to eat every 4-5 hours, not necessarily a ton, but they will browse alittle, there has to be atleast a slim shot at getting every buck.
So in closing, i guess there is no impossible bucks to kill, just the ones im after![:@]
Old 04-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe some bucks are unkillable (because of where they live, or they're personalities). If I'm wrong, we'd have far more record-book bucks falling every year!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:19 PM

depends on who is hunting him
Old 04-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think most are killable, but given the right obstacles like in your situation, anything can happen.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:59 PM

Legally yes.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

all it takes for a buck is one mistake and he's toast.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Are some bucks impossible to kill????
I sure hope so.
I sure hope so too!!

Quick Reply: Are some bucks impossible to kill????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.