Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

quiet my bow...

Old 04-12-2007, 03:46 PM

Default RE: quiet my bow...

I have a darton yukon from the 2,000 line up. Dartons are not known for being quiet or shock free, at least not then. I put limb savers, a good stabilizer and puff balls on it. I shot indoor spots with it next to some very expensive bows from hoyt and mathews (with the rubber string silencers attached to the limbs) and bows with STS type devices. Everyone I shot next to commented on how quiet my bow was. It made almost no noise (even indoors) and had very little hand shock. This was a $350 bow with maybe 50 or 60 bucks invested into it including the stabilizer.

I even dry fired it once by accident during practice and no one knew it right away.

You don't need a $1000 bow for it to be good, quiet and work well.

Paul
Old 04-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

i doubt its loud at all...its a mental thing...after that buck ducked the string my bow was louder than a 50bmg in my mind...i know that my bow likely had nothing to do with it...but thats just in my head...it cant hurt to quiet it even more...

paul...you think i should i add limbsavers ONTOP of the alpha shox or loose the alpha shox?? i just cant see limbsavers doing more than alpha shox..the design factor and more material factor...
Old 04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Host of Hosts

Sims and Fuse string dampers are both made from Navcom material. I spoke to Hoyt last year and they told me that Sims makes their string shox and the other dampners used on their bows.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

thats what i thought trykonoisseur. i believe its on one of their websites...
Old 04-12-2007, 04:52 PM

My girlfriend has those in her rintec, I personally think the actual limb savers would be better, but I couldn't say how much. And that is most likely not where the noise is coming from anyway.

No, I wouldn't use both, either one or the other and since you already have one I wouldn't drop 20 bucks on the split limb savers.

Paul
Old 04-12-2007, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx paul....i didnt think id need both im going to have to listen this weekend when im shooting and see if i cant narrow down my noise suspects lol.

how bout leeches or jax etc on the cabels?? i see alot of that lately...do any good or no???
Old 04-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

You don't need a $1000 bow for it to be good, quiet and work well.

Paul

Amen to that
Old 04-12-2007, 06:49 PM

try to add a s coil stabilizer i also have a highlander and i have a s coil and it makes a world of difference to quiet my bow. hope this helps, send me back and tell me the resulyts
caleb
Old 04-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Highlander and I have a front mount STS on it and it helps but not as much as I would have liked. I have not found any one thing that really stood out but the combination of what you have should do the trick. I have never tried yarn puff balls yet so I may give those a try.