Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Penetration of Rage 2 Blade Expandable?

Old 04-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Penetration of Rage 2 Blade Expandable?

I've been looking at these and I'm giving them a try this year.

RJ, Vista/Bhoning has a new quiver out that is specifically made for expandables. I has a door that hinges open and closed and had Whisker Biscuit type fibers in the hood. It works very well, you should check it out.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:17 PM
Fork Horn

I have shot muzzy for yrs and always have a complete pass through if the rage will shoot through every time i would use it , but how tough are they
nothing is tougher than a fixed blade

Old 04-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Penetration has a lot to do with your set up's overall KE level as well as arrow weight and shot placement. That said I have found through my testing as well as on game that the rage 2 blade heads penetrate very well for theiroverall cutting surface. As to using them on bigger game it comes down to you personal setup. If you are pushing 65 ft/lbs of Ke or better, I think they would work well on bigger game, but keep in mind that as cutting surface increases you penetration will decrease. This means you will have to be aware of shot placement to maximize penetration and the chances of getting a pass through.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:05 AM

Personally, i bought the Rage last year, because I got caught up in the "hype" but in reality there was no hype. Those heads are awesome. I'll never use another kind (i say that now until something better comes out, im a sucker for broadheads) but i really really like these heads. Shot a doe earlier in the season this year, and i hit her in the shoulder blade. I couldnt find her because she ended up dying in a big puddle, but i found her this spring. I had walked by her within 7 yards. Then I shot my buck with them this year and he ran 45-50 yards and died. complete pass-thru... one lung liver hit but only went that far. so I like them for deer, no experience with other game