Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Don't ever sell to family or friends!

Old 04-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Don't ever sell to family or friends!

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

My father in law used to say, before you loan or sell something to a friend or relative on time you should ask yourself if you can afford to loose it or them as a friend. LOL Otherwise consider it a gift. If they give it back..fine, you're lucky. LOL
That there is SOUND advice

yeah...i've got to remember that one. Good words of wisdom there.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is going to sound harsh and I don't mean for it to...Don't ever go into business for yourself...You should have collected the money up front.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:34 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

Let's see: helped with the wedding,supplied (gave I'm assuming) a car w/title, put in a good word with the boss and got him a job and gave him what sounds like a darned good deal ona bow that's all set up with accessories included (which it sounds as if he was hoping you'd forget about).....Hmmm.There are some people out there that will just take,take,take without ever thinking of giving back in some way. You keep offering and they'll keep taking.Too bad you gave him the $40back. And because you say he drove the car for 2 years makes me think he isn't driving it anymore so let me quess, he sold it and pocketed the $$ ??? Not bashing you here, them 2 yes and what's bad is they might not even realize how wrong they are. There are also people in the world who are just too nice and it sounds like you are one of them. If so, don't change on their account. What goes around comes around .
Old 04-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you, but now after being done wrong a few times. I simply never hand many out with the intentions of getting any back, but if I do thats good. I don't hand out much anymore.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Same thing happened to me, me and my old best friend don't even talk anymore over what happened. I sold him about $2000 worth of car audio equipment and agreed on payments, I sold it all to him for $800 got about $500 of it after about two months, then me and him had a fallout about it so I just chalked the $300 up as a loss. Haven't talked to him in abouta year now.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:01 PM

your friend is no friend
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BKE
Too bad you gave him the $40back.
Too bad for him actuallybecause that will probably be the most costly 40 bucks he'll ever take ownership of. And I say costly because my opinion of him as a man is forever tainted. When his own brothers backed out on their word to help him with his wedding expensesand I came through, I halfjokingly said to him... "Hey, I'm the guy who will lay grease covered with youunderyour car when you can't afford to take it to the shop, and I'm the guy who will get up in the middle of the night to come pullthat same carout of a ditch in sub-zero temperatures as well, so don't effin do me wrong or you'll be sorry someday."

I guess he doesn't know somejokes aren't supposed to be funny.

Sad that he probably doesn't even realize what happened.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

No good deed goes unpunished. I need a new furnace and A/C so I thought I would help a guy I know out and have him give me a bid. He comes over with his partner and they tell me what a good deal they are going to give me cause I am his nephews grandfather, yada yada. Turns out their idea of a great deal is 1700 dollars higher than a complete strangers for the same equipment.