Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cable slides??

Old 04-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default cable slides??

do aftermarket cable slides make any diffrence?? i see a ton of diffrent ones made. im getting ready to redo my setup starting with the string...figured that would be a good time to replace the cable slide...if it makes a diffrence...anyone wanna recomend a good on that will make a diffrence??

what about vibe killers that go on the cable gaurd behind the cable slide?? do they do their job or are a gimmick?? any wanna recomend one that works??

trying to get my bow shooting nice and smooth and quiet...i cant blame the bow soley for having a buck duck at the shot....but quieting it down cant help. already got a new stabilizer that helped..string leeches, alpha shox...now to move onto other places to help quieter her down....
Old 04-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cable slides??

Im not really sure about aftemarket cable slides, although im sure hey make some difference. Mine broke a little while back and i just had a stock on put on...i didnt really look into any aftermarket ones. Might be something to consider, espcially if it makes your bow even quieter!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Dominant Buck

The teflin cablesslides do slide smoother and reduce friction on the guiderod. First thing I put on my new Guardian. Yup.... it's white.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

David, thats a good looking bow, i wonder why they made them white? haha, thats one think that Ross does that i never understood.

Anyway, i got one just like it on its way to my house, they ran out of the Hardwoods Grey, so im waiting two weeks while they get some more dipped [:@]
Old 04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Dominant Buck

They're really starting to ship them now. I think Len has finally gotten his stock up to 16 but he sold another today. LOL I heard from a reliable sorce that they shipped 700 one day. The boys doing the test shoots for speed and the birth certificate were spent. LOL
Old 04-12-2007, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I heard from a reliable sorce that they shipped 700 one day. The boys doing the test shoots for speed and the birth certificate were spent. LOL
Haha...700 in a day..i bet they were worn out!
Old 04-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

david...who makes that one?? i looked at some catalogs and theres tons of diffrent teflon slides out there...all look a bit diffrent..i dont know what difference they make...none really look like my hoyt slide so i dont know...

thats an awesome lookin bow...if i didnt tell ya once or twice already..
Old 04-12-2007, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

do aftermarket cable slides make any diffrence??
Yes.

if it makes a diffrence...anyone wanna recomend a good on that will make a diffrence??
I put this one on this morning and I like it a lot........VERY smooth and looks freakin' sweet.

http://www.alpinearchery.com/mach5slide.html

Here's some pics on my bow.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:44 PM

One more.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Atlas, thats a darn good looking cable slide

Quick Reply: cable slides??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.