Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

cable slides??

Old 04-13-2007, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cable slides??

thanx atlas....that looks AWESOME. i think that will be the one i order.

does the teflon ones work well when wet?? i know teflon is very slick. the reason i asked, i noticed when drawing in the rain my plastic one will kinda stick. makes for a rough noisey draw. im guessing teflon makes for a smooth draw and shoot.

that one will match my bow and quiver too!! awesome...i like the looks and design of that
Old 04-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Atlas

What bow is that.... 03 Patriots don't have camo cable guards [8D]
Old 04-13-2007, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

thanx atlas....that looks AWESOME. i think that will be the one i order.
Thanks...........I'm sure you will like it. It only comes in HD Green but mine has very little green on it ........which is good because the bow is Hardwoods HD. It's a great match.

does the teflon ones work well when wet?? i know teflon is very slick. the reason i asked, i noticed when drawing in the rain my plastic one will kinda stick. makes for a rough noisey draw. im guessing teflon makes for a smooth draw and shoot.
Yes on all counts.

that one will match my bow and quiver too!! awesome...i like the looks and design of that.
I'll be honest with you........I bought it BASED on looks..........thankfully it works as good as it looks...........mine is very slick and glides very nicely with no stickiness.

One thing...........make sure your cable rod is clean because it may be wax or something else on the rod causing the stickiness you are getting.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Atlas

I would guess from looking at that cable guard and the strings that it's an Equalizer.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Atlas

Gold star for being observant

I grabbed another bow to basically do a lot of experimenting with in the yard this year......and shoot some 3D.

It's a 2006 C-rackerized Equalizer in Hardwoods HD.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Atlas

I would guess from looking at that cable guard and the strings that it's an Equalizer.
Wow, Greg..........you get a BIG gold star

Nice guess...........what gave it away???........the crossing below the guard??
Old 04-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx atlas. the only time i get that stickyness is when its raining out and theres water on the rod/guard. i cant say ive fired it that way. always when im hunting...ill draw every once in a while to warm up the muscles and keep focus etc...and when its wet i noticed that..call me a sissy i havent shot in the rain...though i know i need to since i hunt in the rain.

pretttttty sure my highlander is HD green. and so is my alpine soft loc i believe...i dont REALLY care...my stabilizer dont match...but i got a 10" doinker for like 15$...cant beat that with a stick. and it works nicely...cant complain about looks...and i never match my camo on myself or gear period lol. i wear whats comfy and functional.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Would you believe me if I said I just knew my Bowtechs that well?

That IS an awesome-looking slide; I may order me up one of those to try out myself... especially since I've got a Hardwoods HD bow sitting around waiting to be outfitted...
Old 04-13-2007, 04:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Would you believe me if I said I just knew my Bowtechs that well?
I would now

That IS an awesome-looking slide; I may order me up one of those to try out myself... especially since I've got a Hardwoods HD bow sitting around waiting to be outfitted...
It is pretty sweet.........I like alpine's accessories........I also got their new Bear Claw 3 arrow quiver which I like a lot. Also in Hardwoods HD (They have a 5 arrow one as well). It is very adjustable and very quiet.