Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ONE MORE PIECE OF GEAR

Old 04-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default ONE MORE PIECE OF GEAR

Not long ago, I traded my F-150 for a new one. They made a mistake, and I have $500.00 coming back. I'm going to pick up the check today. I onlywant one more "big ticket" item and I'm ready to hunt... a laser range-finder. Notice I said "want", not "need".... I could hunt without one. I know I should be able to pick up a decent one in that price range. I've had my eye on a Leupold RX-2. Any comments on that one or suggestions for another?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: ONE MORE PIECE OF GEAR

I can tell you that I've HEARD that the Nikons are the only ones that will range through blind netting. if that's important to you.....I'd go that route. If it isn't.....the bushnell yardage pro is a good unit.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a first generation Bushnell that still works great. Heck now you can probably pick them up around 100 bucks.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the inputs. Maybe I should get a less expensive range finder and also pick up a dozen new bare shaft arrows, an arrow squaring device, an arrow spinner, and a fletching jig and really get into arrow assembly/tuning. Sounds like a smarter move than getting a $499.00 rangefinder....
Old 04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

if all you want to do is rangefind, then the yardage pro is the one you want, its nice and simple. My uncle got the leupold, buthe hates it because there is so much calculations going on.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Dominant Buck

Yep....and like GR8 said.....they're inexpensive.

I think I paid $145 for mine.....and that was 6 yrs ago.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Dominant Buck

One word of caution on the cheaper range finders. The optics aren't near as clear or good. They do not work as advertised in low light. I have two range finders of lesser value, one big cumbersome Bushnell that works great in clear daylight, the other the Scout. I'd rather buy one of the better Nikons or Leupold with about a 6 or8 power optic.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Dominant Buck

David:

I used mine for golf......LONG before I began deer hunting (and needing it for hunting purposes). I've played golf 'til dark, though.....and this unit I have hasn't ever let me down.

Maybe I have a better unit than I think I do???...lol (I honestly don't know!)
Old 04-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I piced up a yardage pro sport 450 last year for $145 and love it
Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the RX-II I like it very much, I would another one if I lost this one. I use it for bow hunting. I have not used it much at distant over 100 yds.

Quick Reply: ONE MORE PIECE OF GEAR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.