Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Not required in my state - have taken
22.92%
Not required in my state - have not taken
27.08%
Not taken - I am planning to
6.25%
Not taken - I am not planning to
8.33%
Should be required
25.00%
Should not be required
10.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunter education class

Old 04-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow hunter education class

it is required in Rhode Island unless you have served in the military . I think it is a good idea for all to take it prior to hunting

[/align]
Old 04-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunter education class

required here in jersey.
Old 04-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

You also need it in NE if you were born after a certain date I believe...
Old 04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

not requiered in PA. i want to take it...just cant find one TO take. they dont have many people that are instructors...i hear and hope they are getting more and more...hopefully i can take it before next season...

that website seems very good. im going to read through all of that...i took the practice test real quick skimming through and got an 80%...not bad for skimming...thanx for the link!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Dominant Buck

Mauser, depending on how close you are to a place in Maryland... You can take it here. When I first started teaching Bowhunter Ed classes I worked with a group close to the PA border. We had several from PA come down and take the course. They had the same trouble you did finding a class to enroll in and needed it for places like Canada, Colorado etc. Maryland now has an online course you can take. I'm not sure if it's open to non-residents. You still have to attent one session to take the test and the walk through safety portion. Those are usually on Saturdays and are about 4 hours long. SO, you would still have to hook up with an instructor group somewhere along the way. Cost for a course is usually 6 bucks or something like that. There are groups all over the state giving the classes. They usually hit them big starting in June or so and most stop giving classes by mid Sept. The IBEF course of instruction is recognized in all states and Canadian provinces.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: mauser06

not requiered in PA. i want to take it...just cant find one TO take. they dont have many people that are instructors...i hear and hope they are getting more and more...hopefully i can take it before next season...
I can let you know when u will have a class near you. Let me know where you live and I'll PM you the dates and places.

There will be 2 in DuBois this year if that's close enough to you.

I gotta' tell ya', It's pretty basic stuff but if you want to hunt out of state , some require it.(i.e. IL,KS, etc.)