Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Washing Scent Lok Camo

Old 04-10-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Washing Scent Lok Camo

I heard rumors it is bad to wash your scent lok clothing before each hunt. Some say to just put it in the dryer to activate it. Obviously you have to wash it at least sometimes...but does it adventally wear out the carbons in it?What do you guys do??
Old 04-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Washing Scent Lok Camo

Uh Oh ....
Old 04-10-2007, 08:36 PM

? Rob, butter and permasian cheese, right??

If memory serves me correctly, yes, washing it does wear it out faster.....BUT, it's a necessity that you just gotta do at times. Unless it was warm and I was sweating quite a lot, I only washed mine as needed to remove dirt and gunk, or once every other week, but I tossed it in the dryer every other day or so...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

To the best of my knowledge, your only suppose to wash it if it gets heavily soiled. I wash mine about twice maybe 3 times durring the season. You should reactivate it in the dryer about every 24 to 36 hours of wear I think is what it is.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

hmmmmm .... what do you think, Hardcore? [8D]
Old 04-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

Scent lock is ridiculous. Why wash it at all? And if you do, why not use tide ultra girlie scent.

What I am really trying to say is; have you washed your bow, boots, belt, pack, glasses, rifle, shotgun, hat, eyeballs, etc...? You can't fool them even close to 100% of the time, so why try? Use the wind dude!

Have multiple stands, and don't sit one unless the conditions are right. They smell you going in, out, up, down, etc.... The smart ones bed where they can watch you do all this! Especially if you have been getting slack believing that your scent lock ninja outfit is fooling them.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:21 AM

if you read the tag it say's not to wash it more than 12 times
Old 04-11-2007, 04:56 AM
Dominant Buck

I think I've washed mine, twice.

The "growl" call was a good example of how I look at scent lok clothing. EVEN if the "growl" isn't an effective call.....the call works just fine as a grunt call. Ditto my scent lok clothing. EVEN IF it has NO scent containment properties.....it's STILL pretty good camo.

I treat it the same way I treat most of my camo clothing......and use the dryer to re-activate (on the off chance it's doing (_____%) of good. If it doesn't re-activate....it's STILL pretty good camo......and if you catch a good sale...it's sometimes LESS expensive.

Play the wind......you got that right.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

To the best of my knowledge, your only suppose to wash it if it gets heavily soiled.
This is what happens as soon as I see a good buck anyway.[&:] I need to play the wind to keep the deer from smelling what I've done in my drawers.

If you wash it too often the carbon will wash out. If you believe the "forget the wind" stuff then...nevermind.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:58 AM

Yeah I try not to wash mine a lot, but if I sweated in it I feel like I need to wash it.. putting it in the dryer doesn't get rid of smell right? lol...

Quick Reply: Washing Scent Lok Camo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.