Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got my Vectrix. Not to happy!(update)

Old 04-11-2007, 04:02 AM

Default RE: Got my Vectrix. Not to happy!

i think you'll be happier w/ the bow you got later in life - but you're way too young to talk any sense into, and it should have been tried before you ordered, not after. so, while i agree that is the right bow for you - how it went down, i wouldn't take it unless my coach did it to me - that would be the only person who i'd let get away with that. heck, with these new fangled limb pockets you can back a 70# bow back to 62# for practice w/ no real efficiency loss.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:46 AM
Dominant Buck

My son (who turned 15 on Monday ) pulls 64 lbs. with NO problems.

Get what you wanted from THIS "Pro Shop". Make him make it "right".
Old 04-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I bought it for the speed and the quietness! not for my shoulder![:@]
I agree with everything you said except this quote. You should pull as much as you can comfortably and if your shoulder hurts it's too much.

With that being said your dealer was wrong. He should never have made that decision for you. It's your money and your bow. What happened to "the customer is always right?"
Its not to much weight, he thinks that i can't pull it back good because when i went to go look at them and order one, i was a bit sore from weight lifting earlier that day so i had a lil stuggle. i could shoot a lota arrows at 65 lbs and not have a sore arm..its just the fact that it makes me mad that he did that! When i get outta school today, me and the ol man are goin back up that and talking to him.

Also, i happend to notice, under the cams, there are spots for bolts to go through....i forget what they are called but the balance the limbs when you adjust the weight. Loosen them, adjust weight, tighten them. i hate brain farts!
Old 04-11-2007, 10:50 PM

i usually dont comment with this many replies already cuse everry things been said but this one got me alittle fired up. iwould get whatyour comfotable with and switch dealers
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 AM

The man owes you a 70Lb bow. It's not his decission to make...it's yours.
Refuse the bow and go elsewhere. Sorry for the bad luck w/ the shop.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just like everyone else said, tell him to send it back and get the right one and never give the pro shop business again.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I hope you get it worked out. He never should have made a decision for you. If anything he should have consulted you and then let you make the final decision. That was poor judgement on his part, even if it was in your best interest. Good luck.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hoytteen, sent you a private message!!!Walt
Old 04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Host of Hosts

He was definately wrong in what he did. But I tend to agree with the poundage thing. If you ever have a shoulder injury it is something that takes forever to get back to normal. You might fell comfortable drawing a 65lb bow back a few times, but be very careful not to over do it. Many experts recommend conditioning yourself for that poundage. Believe me, you don't want an injury to your back or shoulder muscles at your age. You could end up not shooting for a long time.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Is the shop owner your mom or dad? I would have handed the bow back so fast his head would have spun! Do you have the deposite reciept? If not you might not even have a case. Good luck getting what you want.

Quick Reply: Got my Vectrix. Not to happy!(update)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.