Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Deliveries to a place other than home
7.83%
Deliveries when she wont be home
3.48%
Shopping without her so she doesn't know
12.17%
My wife always knows what I buy and doesn't care
42.61%
My wife always knows what I buy and does care
9.57%
I'm Not married
16.52%
I'm not married because of my obsession called "BOWHUNTING"
7.83%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Your Wife and Your Obsession

Old 04-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Wife and Your Obsession

I do what I want!!! I spend what I want!!! Wait I second, I gotta go I think I here her coming and I have got to burn these reciepts from Bass-Pro!!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Almost laughed out loud when I saw this thread! I actually just bought a bow from a guy on AT, then I sold my old bows and a sstand to "pay" for it, only then did I tell her about it. Her comment was, "So, you know where our money is, if we can afford it go ahead." So all is good at my household. Of course, she is into horses and wants to show this summer, so I'm sure I'll hear about it again, lol .
dandbuck
Old 04-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

I'm lucky; no hiding here.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

I don't have a wife.....yet, but my girlfriend sure gives me some grief sometimes about my purchases.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I figured out that the key time to tell or ask about purchases is when she is already screaming yes, yes, yes. Sans the Bag.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:35 PM

You forgot a choice: My wife/girlfriend knows what I buy and wants one too!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

She's usually there with me, to decide on what to pick out. She's loves archery as much as I and understands the obsession
Old 04-09-2007, 04:42 PM

My wife doesn't care as long as I pay for it with money I earned from a side job.

Hey BobCo I got me one of them there red heads, too. When we started dateing back in high school I had an old boy tell me that no one gets as mad as a red head. Now after 8 years of marraige all I can say is, HE WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have bought things before without telling the wife she buys all kinds of clothes and stuff and i don't ask what she got or how much so when i see something i want i just buy it

[/align]
Old 04-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

I am extremely blessed, my wife was raised by a hunter/fisherman. When I would like something, we talk about and settle how we will afford it. I try to keep major purchases, over $200, to once a year; but things that are at least somewhat expensive $50-150 we work it all out. If it's less than $50 I probably won't talk with her about it first but I won't hide it from her either. She takes care of the books in our family so even if I wanted to sneak something by her, I couldn't.

It all comes down to trust. Do I trust her to understand the things I find important? If my purchases will hurt the family monetarily, what am I placing first? When I place them first, provide her with the financial security she desires first, I get everything I want.

Quick Reply: Your Wife and Your Obsession

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.