Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mental what is wrong with me

Old 04-09-2007, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Mental what is wrong with me

Is anyone as mental as me? I was thinking about the thread on Drop-Away rest. I was thinking of how many times I was duped into buying a new bow. I pulled out my Proline Point Blank this weekend. The bow is 18 years old; I put a rest and sight on her and flung some arrows. I was shooting just as good as any other bow I own. I was sure I would have timing issues.

I can remember when the pro shop owner talked me into buying a Mathews. He claimed my two cam bow had timing issues. Now I have never had an issue in 5 years with timing with my Point Blank, but by the time I left the shop I had a new Mathews and had solved my timing issue I never had.

Then soon after all bow companies went to single cam bows. I thought I was ahead of the curve. Now we are going back to 2 cams (1.5 cam, binary), well two cams that look the same, but we do not call them two cam bows anymore.

I say this as I have to go to the shop and pick up my new Cardiac, I am sick.

Is it me, or do they all really shoot about the same?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mental what is wrong with me

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that it might incriminate me ...... or my wife ever sees my response [8D]
Old 04-09-2007, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Good question, Germ.

If we had to JUSTIFY everyting we bought......it would take the fun out of it.

Look at what BobCo does every year......and tell me I'm crazy ('course....I'm telling you them stickbows aren't cheap, either!).

GregH is likely the most prolific mature whitetail hunter in these forums (or...ONE of them)...and his camo of choice outdates ME.

ETC....ETC....Etc....
Old 04-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

For hunting, yes.......

I do feel for target or competition specific rigs certain bows perform better.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

That Point Blank was a really good bow. Pro-Line was a company 15 years ahead of its time - really revolutionized archery as we know it. Point Blank, New Wave, Riptide, Mountain Series... etc... etc...

Whatever happened to Pro-Line anyway? Go under? Bought out? I really thought they were going to be the kings of the archery world for a long time. I guess the king's reign is short in the archery world.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have enough experience to really answer that question, but I spent this past weekend with my brother in Arkansas. We had a chance to do some shooting for the first time, and he got out what he called his "antique", an 18 year old Pearson. I've been shooting constantly for three months and I thought I was doing okay. We set his broadhead target up, and I was shooting field points and he was shooting his old broadheads (they don't make them any more). At 20 and 30 yards, every shot he let go was a bullseye. If we had been at a range, he would have been cut an x with each shot he released, and that was using broadheads. To make matters worse for me, it's the first time this year he's taken his bow out.
I can see that I have a TON of work to do.....
Old 04-09-2007, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Look at what BobCo does every year......and tell me I'm crazy ('course....I'm telling you them stickbows aren't cheap, either!).
OK, I might have a problem, and it's probably more then once a year.You know it's badwhenyou have to schedule the deliveries whenthe wife isn't around.

But on the other hand, most of my bows are not new at all. Last longbow I bought was hand made over 20 years ago by John Schulz. His bows are very rich in history.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bob,
Is there are prize for the person with the bluest jeans? LOL
Pretty spiffy.

(And my sickness is getting worse as we speak.......damn this traditional archery crap[:-])
Old 04-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

OK, I might have a problem, and it's probably more then once a year.You know it's badwhenyou have to schedule the deliveries whenthe wife isn't around.

But on the other hand, most of my bows are not new at all. Last longbow I bought was hand made over 20 years ago by John Schulz. His bows are very rich in history.

Bob I have thought long and hard about going traditional, but I don't think my marriage can take it

Man is that tempting me, oh no here I go again[8D]
Old 04-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Bob,
Is there are prize for the person with the bluest jeans? LOL
Hell, Matt.....THOSE aren't JEANS! That's looks MORE like the commemorative set from the "blue undies" line!

Quick Reply: Mental what is wrong with me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.