Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mental what is wrong with me

Old 04-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mental what is wrong with me

Matt, thanks. I've had a really rough Monday and needed that laugh. Although the guys that work for me think I've completely lost it.

Germ, it's natural to always want to see what else is out there. Like Bob said, don't fight it. Look at Frank he used to go through 4-5 bows a year. I would love to do that, but the damn left handed gene limits my purchase power, because I have to wait for everything.

I left with a Malibou Max SS at 24,000[:@] The wife would not take no for an answers. She wanted a sun roof, I even pulled the "Starving childern" bit on her. She laughed and told me to write the damn check.
This is just more ammunition for you to use when you want to buy that new stuff. Milk that for every bit of archery gear you can.

Now you have me thinking. Here we go with another golf vs. bowhunting analogy. I think the benefits from the technical advances in the last 10 years of golf outweigh the advances in bowhunting.
Do any of those advances include a cure for a slice due to an outside-in swing and turning the hips to soon with a driver?[&:]

Old 04-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Do any of those advances include a cure for a slice due to an outside-in swing and turning the hips to soon with a driver?
Some of them try to help with the different removable weights and offset head designs (which I'm strongly opposed to by the way [:-]). But, ultimately yes you must swing the club. Seems like for the price of some of these things it should come with a remote control to hit it dead straight 280 yards everytime.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks good Bob. Mentaly, I'm there.I'd blend a little better though. Stick bows are really the only unique ones out there. Everything else is pretty much the same.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whatever happened to Pro-Line anyway?
I have a Pro-Line Sniper that I bought used (my 1st and only bow), I googled Proline and it took me to Dartons website, but no mention of the Sniper.

Can anyone tell me how old my bow might be?
Old 04-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep that "Booner" that walks by is for sure gonna go OMG that guy has the new Ross Cardiac, Mathews Drenalin, Bowtech Guardian, Hoyt Vectrix,Reflex Ridgline 34, and fall over stone dead from shock!

My Ridgline 34is waiting for me when i get home from school for the summer!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

I was shooting just as good as any other bow I own.
Yeah, but hitting a barn door at 5 paces isn't all that impressive