Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mental what is wrong with me

Old 04-09-2007, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mental what is wrong with me

Is there are prize for the person with the bluest jeans? LOL
LOL, those things are scary.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man is that tempting me, oh no here I go again[8D]
Germ, my advice is don't try to fight it or it'll get worse. Just go with it.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Do people really need to drive a $30,000 truck? The end result is arriving at your destination. The same task can be accomplished by riding a 10 speed.[:-]

I think the "new bow frenzy" is a bit overkill. A double lung shot is a double lung shot IMO. The deer doesn't know what bow you're shooting

** Now........ I have to go put my Bowtech Guradian in my 2007 Honda Ridgeliner and go do some shooting.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Do people really need to drive a $30,000 truck? The end result is arriving at your destination. The same task can be accomplished by riding a 10 speed.[:-]

I think the "new bow frenzy" is a bit overkill. A double lung shot is a double lung shot IMO. The deer doesn't know what bow you're shooting

** Now........ I have to go put my Bowtech Guradian in my 2007 Honda Ridgeliner and go do some shooting.
Ya scared me there for a sec ....LOL
Old 04-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

ahh yes!!!

I drive a POS 95 ford f-150 and a little beater!!!

Had to buy wife a new car last week. Van was 7 years old, my wife really wanted a nice car. I picked out a 17,000 Chevy Malibou a very modest nice car.

I only buy wife new car, I get used(more money for archery!!)

I left with a Malibou Max SS at 24,000[:@] The wife would not take no for an answers. She wanted a sun roof, I even pulled the "Starving childern" bit on her. She laughed and told me to write the damn check.

Man I am not well
Old 04-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ken,
How many times have you changed drivers in say the last 10 yrs?
You have one of those new square head monstrosities yet?

Old 04-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ken,
How many times have you changed drivers in say the last 10 yrs?
Ummm..... welll.......... we'll just say A LOT [8D][:-]I'd rather not think about it though.

Hey I never said I wasn't a sucker for the new technology frenzy or having things that are "overkill" [:-]

Now you have me thinking. Here we go with another golf vs. bowhunting analogy. I think the benefits from the technical advances in the last 10 years of golf outweigh the advances in bowhunting.

The golf club and more importantly golf ball have changed the entire way the game is played. It is night and day compared to 10 years ago.Courses that have been in existence for years are defenseless against the modern day golf game. Holes that I used to hit 6 irons into, people are now hitting wedges into.

The advances in bows, broadheads, arrows, camo, etc... have certainly aided in deer hunting, but hasn't had the same type of impact. The bottom line is the deer was dead 10 years ago the same way as it is today.

Ok I'm done jusifying my spending habbits. Back to the program.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

ahh yes!!!

I drive a POS 95 ford f-150 and a little beater!!!

Had to buy wife a new car last week. Van was 7 years old, my wife really wanted a nice car. I picked out a 17,000 Chevy Malibou a very modest nice car.

I only buy wife new car, I get used(more money for archery!!)

I left with a Malibou Max SS at 24,000[:@] The wife would not take no for an answers. She wanted a sun roof, I even pulled the "Starving childern" bit on her. She laughed and told me to write the damn check.

Man I am not well
Just got the old '89 Landcruiser out of the shop but my 2006 Old Glory is in line for replacement with an '07 Ally already. A man's got to have priorities!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Absolutely Germ. I was explaining to a guy the other day how my Ally is shooting. Then I said something that surprised him and I quote, "my 96 Hoyt Defiant shot the same exact arrow the same exact speed".....so in reality, how far have we come... It's more a personal choice than a necessity that is for sure.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Dominant Buck

A good archer can shoot arrows from a mop handle if he can flex it. LOL Sure the old bows shot great. Look at scores for tournaments for the past 25 years. They haven't changed much. And next year when they come out with a 3 1/2 cam,wheel bow... they'll have a reason why you NEED IT BAD. Just like golf. Callaway and all the others come out with the newest miracle $500 driver every year that's going to lower your handicap 5 strokes. LOL. All it does is lower you networth 5 bills.

Quick Reply: Mental what is wrong with me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.