Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Old 04-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Nice post HuntingBry. Very well put.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a post from that "other site" that was on one of the Bowtech threads that turned into a bashfest. This sounds pretty consistent with what I have found with Bowtech:

Sunday I e-mailed Bowtech a few of the "issue" threads from this forum to see what their response, if any, would be. The e-mail was sent through their website "contact us" feature. I own a coulple Bowtechs and Matthews but am not anybody special just a consumer who likes to shoot archery.

Tuesday AM I received a call from bowtech to discuss my concerns and the items in the threads. They indicated that in the earliest run of Guardians, first 50 or so, there were some cam lean issues but they feel that issue has been resolved. Further they indicated that if you have cam lean issues they want to know about it to resolve the issue.

As for the serving wear at the cable z-bend, they said that some separation at the bend was happening but it should not be cutting the serving. Is so, send the bow back! My Matthews Q2XL separates the cable serving also but has never cut the serving.

I closing, Bowtech seemed to have a genuine interest in resolving all problems with their products and I think timely in their response to my questions and the threads. I know I am new to archery talk but thought you might find this helpful.
[/align][/align]I also saw on this same thread that Bowtech said they have manufactured and shipped around 6,100 Guardians. That tells me that the percentage of "bad apples" has got to but much lower than I have anticipated.[/align][/align]6,100 of a single model?!?! Go Bowtech! I might have to buy me some stock.[/align]
Old 04-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I also saw on this same thread that Bowtech said they have manufactured and shipped around 6,100 Guardians.
That's really scary. Think about it. There are so far in this worldonly 6,100 smart people ahead of the curve on the most up to date technology..... and I'm One of them. LOL[8D][8D]
Old 04-09-2007, 01:59 PM

I own an 06' Tribute. Absolutely love it. I tested about 6 other brands & even shot several Bowtech models. I chose that model because of my own experience & preference w/it's qualities. The hype w/Bowtech may be comparible to what Mathew's went thru when they came out w/the solo cam, their success. Mathew's bows where and are still the rage. Bowtech is making there mark in the archer industry. In fact I have an archery magazine from 4 or 5 yrs ago, in which one of the product articles was stating that Bowtech was going to be one of the companies to watch for up & coming bows. Ross bows, IMHO, will probably be the same in a few yrs. The hype is due to quality products being made & innovating designs & putting out bows that the public demand.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:57 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Hey MO...

I bet that guy traded that bow in for a reason Did you guys check the poundage, cam rotation (timing marks),ATA, Brace Height, Tiller ETC. to find out if there was a problem with the bow before you resold it?

That is not a characteristic of an Allegiance....

[/align]
You know....we did actually....Except the tiller. He sold it for a reason all right, he said he hated it....I know what you mean, though.....That's why I was so suprised by it. To it's credit, the draw cycle wasn't bad considering how aggressive the cams are, it would just take getting used to. I'm just used to a super smooth Vector cam shooting 310....

I was MOST suprised by the hand shock....That rascal literally wanted to jump out of my hand....The pop wasn't anything I couldn't live with....It wasn't really loud but it was a different sound that any I have shot before so it stood out....Was it really LOUD though....? No, not really...Just different.....That hand shock really caught me by surprise though....
Old 04-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

Usually these theads starting out "not bashing, but" are just that. Maybe the original poster isn't bashing, but he knows others will join in and do it for him. Sorry thats what I see in 90 % of these "I'm not bashing posts"

Len offered scientific proof and still some say, naaah I don't beleive it. They just offer a different opinion as proof with no testing or no comparisons.
Alright just to clear it up i was not trying to bash or start any bashing, honestly i get tired of reading all of it! I was just really curious? For this reason, probably i dunno 5 yrs ago my brother bought his mighty mite that he still shoots,and i absolutely love that bow! So when its time for me to buy a new bow, i will definantely be looking into bowtech #1 choice! I mean Len's article was great, he gave a lot of intersting info.. but i was just wondering why the need for all the "scientific proof"? Im not saying ''nahh dont believe it'', because i dont have a clue about any of the new bowtech bows? Once again not trying to bash! Just Curious? Sorry if it seemed that way to anyone!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you really enjoyed shooting that Mighty Mite then I would suggest checking out the Diamond Triumph. It offers much the same design in terms of overall length, brace height, cam style, etc....

...but it is a bit less expensive than the Mighty Mite was.