Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pictures of BIG 8 pointer (on hoof)

Old 12-15-2002, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pictures of BIG 8 pointer (on hoof)

Very nice deer, has some potential for sure. Guessing around 130. Sure is tall. Anybody have a picture of an 8ptr that went a typical 170 or heard of one? I've seen pictures of some big 8's but to get B&C would sure be a amazing animal.
Visit My Updated Hunting Page
Old 12-15-2002, 11:02 PM

i do not even want to guess what he will score, but if he was to walk under me he would be very unfortunate.

Old 12-16-2002, 05:27 AM

I would have to say 120 - 125. He's a great looking deer and there is nothing wrong with taking him if that's what YOU want. I've been using these cameras for about 7 years now and trust me, the deer are very photogenic. I had a buck on a camera 2 years ago that everyone thought would b 155-160. Well, he was harvested that year and guess what 143. The camera's do a great job but they can mislead a little.
Good luck, you should be happy if you see him during shooting light.

J. Shoot

Searching
Old 12-16-2002, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

farmerjoe that deer has a heck of a tall rack for a young deer, he will be a real bruiser in another year or two.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 12-16-2002, 07:10 AM

Ive seen pix of B&C 8 pointers but they sure arent common. Ive even seen a 6 pointer that almost made it...it netted in the high 160's if I remember right....was in North American Whitetail magazine a few years ago.

hahaha listen to farmerjoe....hes gunna 'cull' a 130 class 8 pointer...gee wish I lived where we had those kind of 'cull bucks' lol

my guess is that deer will remain an 8 pointer and probly just add more mass, width, and sticker points with age

** I almost got him but I refuse to take a marginal shot **
Old 12-16-2002, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

nice deer i would guess 120- 130 class

Old 12-16-2002, 08:08 AM
nub

ks: Bet this guy is close.http://www.american-hunter.com/monst...geraldbuck.htm

farmer: He may only go 130, but he sure as hell aint no cull buck. If he's not what you want, wait.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:34 AM

I am going to say that he is maybe around 115". Tops in the mid 120" range. I will tell you one thing, deer look ALOT bigger than they score. I know, I scored a buck that came off my hunting grounds about a week ago. This deer looks VERY VERY impressive. He had 3/4" of deductions. He is a perfectly tyical 8 point. I forget his exact spread but it was around 17". His G2's were a little over 8". He looked like a mid 120" class deer, I got the tape on him and he came out at 104 3/8". I will try to get pics on here after work tonight to show you guys what I am talking about. I have some pics of this rack.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet

Check out my hunting PICS here http://community.webshots.com/user/buckmagnet
Old 12-16-2002, 01:58 PM

ok dunno how good these turned out but here is an 8 point that I know scores 123 5/8 net to give you a point of reference.

** I almost got him but I refuse to take a marginal shot **
Old 12-16-2002, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Farmerjoe, know where Hopkinsville or Fort Campball Army base is? Hoptown is approx 35 mi north of the base, & I live in a small rural community called Crofton that is 15 mi north of there. Howdt neighbor.

Quick Reply: Pictures of BIG 8 pointer (on hoof)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.