Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help?

Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help?

Heard of this happening alot with carbons and composites, you really need to check them before every shot or you can pay dearly for not doing so. Go back to aluminums, Ive never had an alum. explode.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

From an ex aluminuim guy ...... Guys, what's the best way to check them? Where do you look? The six free arrows I received with my Dren via shop promo, some has small cracks where the inserts were .... I never shot them, as I was waiting for my CE arrows to come in, and that just didn't look right.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Grab them at the fletching and the point and give them a twist, if they give at all, toss them out.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Get well soon Goose! Will you be using a different arrow type when you're better?

Here is the picture some people have mentioned. Ouch!!!

Old 04-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is pretty much what it looked like. Only mine was the left hand and i did bot have all the carbon frays. I wll get some pics up tomorrow sometime.....have a doctors appointment tomorrow. Will take some more there. I am thinking of switching to Aluminum.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 PM

Or this one...[:'(][&:]

Old 04-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

That hurts just looking at it!!![:@]That would make me go to aluminum for sure. I've yet tohear of that happening with aluminum, have any of you?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

CAN this happen with an a/c/c?

If not......I'm switching.....based on THAT ONE PHOTO.

I'm DEAD serious.That isscary.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Back when the first carbon wraps came out - I jumped right on the bandwagon, and picked up a dozen (I can't believe I forget the name... I'm 90% sure it was the first-generation Beman wraps)... anyway... I was borderline underspined, and blew two of them, one in the woods in deer season, and one in the yard.

One was a fluke, two was a pattern. It took me about 6 years to finally regain the courage to try a carbon arrow again.

Imagine the disgust when you settle the 20 yarder on the buck's chest, only to pull the trigger, and WHAM! Then, about 3 seconds after trying to figure out what happened, you see the crested half of your arrow fluttering to the ground only 5 yards out.

Not sure if I had a defective batch or what... They have come a long way though. Honestly, a kinked aluminum arrow can do the same thing.

Bowhunting isn't exactly the safest sport in the world.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Ouch, man thats got to suck, hope you heal up fast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.