Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How about a little nostalgia... Post your best whitetail photos!

Old 04-11-2007, 05:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How about a little nostalgia... Post your best whitetail photos!

GregH:

Good to see you posting....and I never get tired of seeing that photo.

On a side note.....anybody ever tell you that you resembled JOE DIRT in your younger days???
Old 04-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Jeff, that deer looks domesticated.LOL

LT
NO. Not really. But if you saw the shot I took at him.......when he was jumping over those kids on the monkey bars and dodging the family picnic by the see-saw......you'd MARVEL at how I snuck a broadhead into that shoulder....all the while never putting the old lady feeding the squirrels and pigeons in harm's way.

I also cut his collar off before the photo. I placed it around the flagpole (ummmm....I mean....my TREE!).

LMBO! ... hey Jeff, you look like a little boy in that pic ....
Old 04-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

Best buck w/bow.

Greg ... you da man! You need to post mor often ... I have learned tons from you since I have been here!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

GragH, that is one heck of a buck, i too never get tired of seeing him. Mind telling us the details of the story?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:02 AM
Dominant Buck

hey Jeff, you look like a little boy in that pic ....
PT....and I FELT like one, too! (that was my first deer)
Old 04-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

So far I have learned that I need to hunt Iowa, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Kansas. Monster deer, really impressive. I literally have never seen a deer as big as some of these.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntingson

So far I have learned that I need to hunt Iowa, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Kansas. Monster deer, really impressive. I literally have never seen a deer as big as some of these.
Ohio isn't hurting for big bucks that's for sure. You guys definately have your share of monsters running around.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

Doe is most recent Buck is best to date.

Old 04-11-2007, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here are pictures of my nicest bucks, and a few smaller ones that I had pictures of here at my work cpu. Some field photos, others just digital pics of the racks, some are pictures of old 35mm pictures that I had laying around. Sorry for the bad quality. Also apologize for tongues, pickup beds and open wounds. I took some of these pictures with a throwaway camera when I was a kid, so they're not very "professional."

This is probably the prize of my buck collection - a euromount that I madeof an old rifle buck that I killed (still the only decent buck I've ever got in rifle season).Weird how things work out, b/c I'd just wrecked my car, and had to liquidate my savings to fix it, so I couldn't afford the shoulder mount. I was sick. So, I figured I'd just suck it up and do a nice euromount myself. While skinning the face, Ifound a bulletjacket buried in his snout. It appeared to have been in there for at least a year, b/c the bones were healed over pretty nicely. The bones were pulverized around the entrance wound on his left side (but healed), the roof of his mouth had a permanent bony bulge left on it (with visible cracks). The slug itself exited the right side totally, but the jacket was left wedged into the splintered bone. His sinus cavities were totally decimated. A testament to the toughness of a whitetail buck.

I pulled the jacket out to clean (it was glazed over with a ton of cartilagenous scar tissue), and it appears to be a pistol bullet - maybe a .38 caliber or even a shade bigger. After painting the skull, I glued the jacket back into place exactly as I found it.

smallish 4x4, not a great rack, but a pretty one.

5x5 (archery)

4x5 (archery)

19" wide clean 3x3 another archery deer.

3x3 from the Cheat River Canyon in WV

Another Cheat River Canyon buck (digital photo of a really crappy 35 milli)

Really small 3x4 that I shot in WV a long time ago. Note the white socks and white spot on this guy's left side, just above the belly. Had another white spot on his face, but I think it's covered by the tag.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

2006 Doe:

2005 Buck:

2004 Buck:

Quick Reply: How about a little nostalgia... Post your best whitetail photos!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.