Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Are Crossbows Considered Archery???

Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are Crossbows Considered Archery???

I didn't read through all of the posts,not going to either!I was away on vacation for a week and am catching up.While away I read an article in Petersons Hunting magazine about the cross bow and how it was as challenging to shoot as a compound bow.I couldn't disagree more!When you are locked at full draw and can aim it like a rifle and steady it on a knee or something else,how can that compare with all that goes in to archery hunting and all that it takes to be proficient with archery equipment.
Having said that I am not opposed to them,and think many states are far more fearful of them than need be.Just my opinion.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are Crossbows Considered Archery???

Well yeah. I don't use a crossbow and I agree that crossbows and compounds are a bit different. But wouldn't you agree that a crossbow and a compound are a lot closer than a compound and a longbow?