Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Old 04-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

I was reading the newest Bowhunting World mag and came across this from NORB MULLANEY.....

I have a whisker biscuit installed on my hunting bow because I like the fully contained design. With it I use either trueflight 5-inch three-fletch feathers or 4.7-inch three-fletch FlexFletch vanes. I shoot this with a release aid and am quite satisfied with the results.

I am not saying you should or shouldn't use a WB it just shocked me to see Norb uses one for hunting and thought I would share it with you guys.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:18 AM

Default RE: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

So? What is that supposed to mean? Just because this guy shoots one I should bow down and run out get one for every bow I use? Doesn't impress me much. He is probably sponsored by them and gets them for free, or they pay him to use them.

Chuck Adams likes aluminum arrows but you don't see hundreds of people throwing away their carbon arrows because of what he shoots. I actually like aluminums as well though.

I have messed with the WB enough to know I don't care for it. Is it a POS rest that no one should ever use? No, and I have never said that. I just don't care for it and have trouble suggesting it to people. It solves a problem I don't think needs to be solved. It's only use to me would be on spot and stalk hunting when you are walking around with an arrow nocked and you don't want it fall off the rest. However there are other products that will do the same thing and are better rests in my opinion.

I'm glad he likes it, but it doesn't change my opinion any.

Paul
Old 04-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

So? What is that supposed to mean? Just because this guy shoots one I should bow down and run out get one for every bow I use? Doesn't impress me much. He is probably sponsored by them and gets them for free, or they pay him to use them.

Chuck Adams likes aluminum arrows but you don't see hundreds of people throwing away their carbon arrows because of what he shoots. I actually like aluminums as well though.

I have messed with the WB enough to know I don't care for it. Is it a POS rest that no one should ever use? No, and I have never said that. I just don't care for it and have trouble suggesting it to people. It solves a problem I don't think needs to be solved. It's only use to me would be on spot and stalk hunting when you are walking around with an arrow nocked and you don't want it fall off the rest. However there are other products that will do the same thing and are better rests in my opinion.

I'm glad he likes it, but it doesn't change my opinion any.

Paul
I don't currently shoot a WB either. I have shot them in the past for hunting however and would hunt with one again.

Do you even know who Norb Mullaney is?
Old 04-01-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well said Paul. I shoot a WB and love it. My philosophy is and always will be, as long as it's legal where you are, go for it. I don't like baiting but it's legal here, so I say go for. I like the fact that you kept it non personal.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:33 AM

Yes I know who he is and value his opinion on bow specs and the such. But just because someone in the industry shoots something doesn't mean I will run out and buy it. Especially if I already have an opinion on it.

I think I need more caffeine.

Paul
Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I know who he is and value his opinion on bow specs and the such. But just because someone in the industry shoots something doesn't mean I will run out and buy it. Especially if I already have an opinion on it.

I think I need more caffeine.

Paul
I agree..... I was a little shocked when I read that from Norb, thus the reason for the post

This post is not intended to sway anyones opinion on anything, I could care less what everyone else uses. I hunted with a dropzone last fall and a Trophy Taker the 2 yearsbefore that. I'd have to go back 4 years ago to the last time I hunted with a WB.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

He also uses an EasyEYElazer to find center shot and I know for a fact that they will not work ACCURATELYon a large majority of bows on the market today.

I don't know if Norm has fallen prey to the advertisement game or if he just isn't that accomplished in the actuall tuning and setup of bows.

Paul summed it up well.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:19 AM

I don't know who Norb Mullaney is. Nor do I really care. He has no impact in my little world.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd like to have all you self proclaimed tuning gurus to have your bowsinspected by a qualified bow tech......

I am no tuning expert but I service my own equipment and don't take it to the shop for any work. I am certain there are things that that could be tweaked however by a good Tech....

I'm willing to bet your bows aren't as perfect as you would like everyone to believe either.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

MY BOWS HAVE BEEN CHECKED

I have a friend that tunes for world competetion on a shooting machine and he has checked my tune out several times and has told me on several occasions that my setup was close to perfect.[8D]His shooters have set more than 1 world record.I believe they were all in the youth division but world records none the less.

He has forgotten more than I know and what I know,mostly was learned from him.

He also builds my strings and will take my measurements and take the bow right back to where I had it at full draw on the machine,unless I missed something,then he will fix it.

He will still tell me to adjust my rest to me while actually shooting the bow.Another words,he tells me to group tune it for me.I usually don't have to move it.

Quick Reply: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.