Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Old 04-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

If people were busting 300 yard drives and holing out with a pitching wedge, I'm sure they could care less what other ball someone else deemed superior. I would include myself in a large group of WB users who never claimed it was THE BEST rest, only a very good, reliable, hunting rest. It works. Period. Jeff, I agree that there can be a noise issue, depending on arrow. I prefer aluminums but they were very noisy. I switched to ICS Hunters and no more noise problem. I've since went to ACC's and still no problem. I've found I'm quite happy with the ACC's as well as the WB.

Oh, and yes, I prefer the PROV. I used to prefer forged blades but now that I don't play much I prefer cast. Things change.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:38 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

Dosnt Chuck also use Scent Lok?

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

So? What is that supposed to mean? Just because this guy shoots one I should bow down and run out get one for every bow I use? Doesn't impress me much. He is probably sponsored by them and gets them for free, or they pay him to use them.

Chuck Adams likes aluminum arrows but you don't see hundreds of people throwing away their carbon arrows because of what he shoots. I actually like aluminums as well though.

I have messed with the WB enough to know I don't care for it. Is it a POS rest that no one should ever use? No, and I have never said that. I just don't care for it and have trouble suggesting it to people. It solves a problem I don't think needs to be solved. It's only use to me would be on spot and stalk hunting when you are walking around with an arrow nocked and you don't want it fall off the rest. However there are other products that will do the same thing and are better rests in my opinion.

I'm glad he likes it, but it doesn't change my opinion any.

Paul
LMFAO!!! Yea, but he probablykilled 99% of his trophies not wearing it TeeJay. When someone pays their bills for them, people will sing high praises for their sponsor.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

Some just can't let things go
Old 04-03-2007, 07:20 AM
Banned

Edit
Old 04-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

You guys surely are passionate about arrow rests, that's one thing for sure.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

100% agreed.

ORIGINAL: Germ

Some just can't let things go
Old 04-03-2007, 07:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Edit
I missed itPM me I like a good post

Yes I am talking all of us
Old 04-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hmm, an interesting 9 pages of reading. I haven't been following the WB controversy much. The local shop tends to sell 10 of them to any other rests they have in stock and they do not really push it much. I know most of the guys that come in are strictly hunters though so that might have something to do with it. I have set up quite a few of them for folks and do believe they have some obvious benefits which were already mentioned on this thread. I even tried one on my bow a few times but just did not see the need for it because I have not had an arrow fall of the rest yet. (For what it is worth I am still shooting GKF Golden/Platinum premiers and Infinitis on my bows.)

As for Norb, the fact that he uses one does not surprise me. I am assuming this is in reference to his testing and possibly his personal use (if he does hunt). From the testing perspective it makes some sense. Prior to using the WB Ibelieve he would use a standard flipper style rest or a springy style for all of his bow reports. My assumption was that he used it because it was easy to setup and tune with. When doing as many reviews as he does it would only make sense to use a rest that was quick and easy to setup. I would think the same would apply in reference to the WB.

....and I am glad to see that this thread pulled ol' Arthur out of the woodwork.

Just my thoughts.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

If people were busting 300 yard drives and holing out with a pitching wedge, I'm sure they could care less what other ball someone else deemed superior.
I couldn't agree more...........I can't even count how many lemmings I have seen trying to match their gear with what they see on TV or in magazines only to find out it takes more then using Tiger's driver to play great golf. Same with every other sport/hobby out there. Cost in no way directly correlates with quality........neither does who else is using that product. I have shot rounds in the low 70's with a rockflite and tickled 100 with $40/dz butter balls. I have had a 3 wood that I have been crushing for years now (it retired my driver)........a buddy had his dad make it for me in college for $40. I have only one demand of the products I use........they have to do the job in the best reasonable manner. If a product meets those demands I buy it...........sometimes that costs me a lot of money and sometimes it doesn't. I NEVER let what other guys are doing influence me one bit. That has to be the lamest reason to buy something I can imagine..........reminds me of somehing Mathews groupies would do.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Cost in no way directly correlates with quality........neither does who else is using that product.
No....but we're not talking about the typical "weekend warrior" in my correlation, either. We're talkingscratch (or BETTER)golfers pitted against championship set-ups. I used the control group I did (i.e. golf) for a reason. They're the BEST players in my club and my state. They're not guys who shoot an "occasional" round in the 70's. They're guys who shoot CONSISTENT rounds AT or below par. In other words....they're thebest golfers in their respective arenas. I can tell you from experience.....they'll utilize the BEST equipment available to them. Can they shoot good rounds with a lesser ball? Sure. Can they play their BEST with that same ball? Nope. Not CONSISTENTLY.

Will there be the occasional guy playing in a state Am. or PGA event that utilizes the cheaper ball?Yes. On average, though......you don't see it happening (check the ball count for ANY PGA event or state Am. and get back with me).

There's a guy in my town that won the state Am. playing with 8 clubs and wearing hiking sneakers. John's aMAGNIFICENT golfer, though.....and (in my opinion) does this to get in hisopponent's heads (He was also part of WFU's national championship team). I just don't see the MAJORITY (not even close) of serious archery enthusiasts utilizing a WB. I dont think they see the benefits as being something important to them (full arrow containment). Besides this claim to fame......WHY else would you choose this rest over a fall-away?

Can this rest consistently take animals? Sure. So can a spear in the right hands. As with ANY piece of hunting (or any other) equipment, though.....we weigh the positives and the negatives when choosing what we want to utilize (even $$ being a consideration to some). The best 3D shooters and the best hunters "I" know utilize what they do for a reason, I'm betting. I just don't see many of the people I cite utilizing the WB.

Coincidence?

Quick Reply: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.