Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Old 04-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

BigJ...

If you took my post as saying you weren't being truthful.....that is NOT how it was intended.I have NO issues with you OR your claims/results......never have. I'm happy for you. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

There are others who have had dissimilar results.....and I don't think they're lying, either.

Again....I have NO reason to doubt you.
No problem, thanks for the clarification.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:08 PM

The only thing I have issues with.....is when others interject scenarios into a situation that didn't occur.
Yet you continue to insist that there is a noise issue with the WB no matter how small of a minority you find yourself in. You don't let one single WB thread pass without making it clear that you think noise is a concern.

So if I say the WB makes noise.....and the deer heard it......I'm wrong.
All anyone was trying to tell you was that considering the situation.........(A newbie deer hunter trying to draw a bow on his first deer that was in close and the deer spooked and ran..........vs..........tens of thousands of animals of all kinds that fall to the rest year after year with no problems.) With you having no idea and no experience with deer before they were just trying to help you understand that about 50 other things were more likely to be the cause of you getting busted..........you chose to fixate on the one that relieved you of blame and refused any other possible variables.

I would think that since then the experience you have gained actually drawing and shooting some deer would have helped you understand that better..........................apparently not.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Dominant Buck

You became abrasive at the first hint of a non ego soothing post in that thread...........no different then the WB blame thread.
Let's be honest, Atlas. That thread's been erased from the system....or I'd go back and cut/paste your initial reply. You interjected SO MANY things into your response that had NO reality to them....all in an attempt to make what i did look even worse. HOW could I feel worse for what I'd just done? It was simply inuendo and false pretenses that had no business being interjected. I admitted to injuring a deer. I admitted to making mistakes. I won't admit to things that didn't occur...and that's the ONLY thing I took offense to.

No one called you a liar.........they just offered a more likely explanation for your experience seeing how you had never shot a deer before. You chose to dismiss that and insist you knew better then people who had already been in that spot 100 times............and you continue to this day.
A likely explanation? If you weren't there....can you positively tell me what spooked my deer? Can you tell me what did? I'd never claim to tell you what went wrong in one of your deer hunting scenarios......simply because I hadn't experienced the same troubles. I wasn't there.

I have no trouble admitting when I do something wrong. Ask my wife.

Could the noise from my WBhave affected my deer, that day? If the answer is YES......then why is that so hard to believe?

Old 04-02-2007, 01:31 PM

Let's be honest, Atlas. That thread's been erased from the system....or I'd go back and cut/paste your initial reply.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1694383&mpage=1&key=hit&#169 4383

Your remark to Davidmil was "David: I respect you as a person and as an experienced hunter.....but you have NO IDEA of how much my buck was quartering. With all due respect (and I mean that)....your statement is unfounded."

My reply.

" Where have we all heard this before??

If you are just going to dismiss every option that you don't agree with based soley on the fact that we weren't sitting in the tree with you........then I don't see the point in posting. You already have your mind made up and no one will convince you otherwise because of your old standby excuse of "You were the only one there" so therefore are the only one who could possibly know what happened.

What you fail to realize is that many guys here HAVE been in your EXACT shoes on MANY occasions. They are trying to help you by giving you advice on years and years of experience. Were they in YOUR tree?? Of course not.........have they "Been there, and done that"??? YES.......and in many cases for years and years and years.

Why not lower your defenses a little bit and actually learn something from all the people here and the vast knowledge they have to share. Instead of going on the offensive every time someone questions your story.

You have been hunting DEER for 1 whole year (and a couple days). In that short amount of time you have been busted and blamed your equipment and REFUSED to accept any other possible explanation........now you have put a bad shot on a deer that you don't know where you hit, are unsure of what the blood sign meant, and you got down too fast and probably pushed him into the next county. I am having a hard time finding anything in your story that you did right (except the valiant search effort). Perhaps most alarming is this all happened when presented with the BEST kill shot available. Quartering away at 12 yards??? That should be a slam dunk unless a MAJOR problem was involved. Your point of aim was wrong as David mentioned which also suggests you don't know a deer's anatomy (I guess that post WAS needed).

Your attempts to recover the deer are admirable and I don't envy the feeling yu have in your gut over the outcome of this mess..........BUT, it's time to face the facts that you screwed up HUGE and on MANY levels.............I know it's hard for you to accept the fact that you are a novice because you have hunted for many years..........but you are.......this thread should have a big red ROOKIE MISTAKE stamp on it.

The sooner you realize this and open yourself up to advice, and the help of others the sooner you will not be making so many mistakes.

I really hope you start listening to advice soon because it sounds like you have deer all over the place by you and these "I hit one and can't find him" threads get old really fast."

You interjected SO MANY things into your response that had NO reality to them....all in an attempt to make what i did look even worse.
Really??

It was simply inuendo and false pretenses that had no business being interjected.
Really?

A likely explanation? If you weren't there....can you positively tell me what spooked my deer? Can you tell me what did? I'd never claim to tell you what went wrong in one of your deer hunting scenarios......simply because I hadn't experienced the same troubles. I wasn't there.

I have no trouble admitting when I do something wrong. Ask my wife.

Could the noise from my WBhave affected my deer, that day? If the answer is YES......then why is that so hard to believe?
You are hopeless.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM

And I was having a pissing match

Paul
Old 04-02-2007, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

And I was having a pissing match

Paul

Did you win?
Old 04-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, the noise could have caused the deer to spook. I still shoot a TM Hunter style rest and the metal prongs make a slight noise when the arrow is drawn against them. I am not fond of putting moleskin on it to silence them or any other fabric and I usually just put a tiny drop of synthetic oil(scentless)on each prong, works like a charm, no noise. One afternoon this past season I forgot my pouch with my little tube of oil in it, no biggie, until I tried to draw on a doe at 14 yds. She was looking away and I had good cover and as soon as those prongs made that noise she bounded off a few yards(without ever looking),she stood there with here head turned around and her ears dialed in like a radar in my direction. I had no shot and she slipped back the way she came about thirty seconds later. So yes I think an unusual sound at the wrong moment will spook them, funny thing is 25 minutes later a buck came in and never even noticed the sound (he was busy making a scrape and hooking some over hanging branches, soI'd say he was a little distracted)and I killed him at about 17 yds. My dad shoots the WB and loves it but itmesses his vanes up a little (but in the interest of honesty his setup is definitely in need of some fine tuning IMO).
Old 04-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Deflection.

I didn't think you'd answer my question......and I'm certainly happy for you to find that thread. I did NOTHING but apologize and admit to making a mistake I'll always remember.

No one was in that tree, that evening, but me. No one was in the tree with me the "other"morning. I ownup REPEATEDLY to the mistake I made. I don't own up to a mistake I didn't make.

I've also been successful on a few occasions.....and I've made many other mistakes that I've also owned up to.I always will. I don't think everyone comes in here andtells of their mistakes.Their choice.....and I respect that, too. If I wasn't trying to learn.....Id have kept my mouth shut.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:58 PM

I didn't think you'd answer my question......
I didn't know you asked one.

I did NOTHING but apologize and admit to making a mistake I'll always remember.

No one was in that tree, that evening, but me. No one was in the tree with me the "other"morning.
We know......we know..........then why post about it??.......You don't care what anyone else has to say unless they agree 100% with you.......so what are you looking for??.........confirmation that you are right? It's pointless.

If I wasn't trying to learn.....Id have kept my mouth shut.
How you could possibly learn when you dismiss any and all input that doesn't jive with your pre-conceived notions is beyond me...........especially since you STILL do it to this day.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow,this got out of hand.

The WB isn't one of the easier restto setup,it is one of the hardest rest on the market to keep from wrinkling vanes,which is a sign of poorly setupWB, that has been said by many that even like the rest.

If you don't beleive it,do some group tuning with it and one with micro adjustment elevation and windage.

Not stating that it can't be set up properly,but I have set up too many rest and no it isn't one of the easier ones.The easiest might be the old Golden Key Platinum.

Here is a QUIET from the factory rest,if it is as quiet as the previous model,it is completely silent.Complete contaiment and yes I have crawled around stalking turkeys with an arrow nocked with it's predecessor.

Complete contaiment and will recapture on a letdown.

100 times better IMO

Quick Reply: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.