Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Old 04-02-2007, 12:23 PM

Default RE: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I've been saying for over a year how the noise from a WB cost me an attempt on a buck.

You also thought you aimed correctly at the one you wounded.

Live and Learn.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Dominant Buck

How sad that when someone is proven wrong that they have to resort to denial or implications of lying.
I never did this....and your attempts at defamation, Atlas, are relentless. I don't know why you get off on this.

What's CLEAR is that you'd never give me the benefit of the doubt on ANYTHING. If my stand creaked, that day, you'd swear itwas me. Ifa limb fell....you'd swear it was something I did.

I made a bad hit on a deer, last Fall....and came into these forums and admitted everything I'd done wrong....and have done so subsequently. I'm nowhere near perfect......but Idid enough things right to be able to salvage a fairly good season.Yet.....you'll sit at your computer.....1,000 miles away and call me a liar.

Rich.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I've been saying for over a year how the noise from a WB cost me an attempt on a buck.

Live and Learn.
And you wonder why he sent you PM's

I thought you guys were going to ignore each other[&:]

For the sake of all of us here knock it off!!![:@]

Old 04-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes, I did. I also admitted (again, in public)....when I played everything back in my mind.....that I likely DIDN'T aim, correctly (newsflash).I never claimed"no fault" when I injured that deer. I readily admitted my mistakes.

I'd find it HIGHLY pompous of me to claim to know what went wrong in a deer hunting scenarioa fellow hunter depicted. I wasn't there. I have to rely on what the only person that was there is telling me.If you told me your quiver squeaked and it spooked a deer......even though I've shota few deer with the same quiver.....andNEVER had an issue......do I call you a liar? Not me.

I really just have a hard time understanding why you can't accept my story of what occurred that day......at 27'.......when others have also stated their issues (same issues) with the same piece of equipment.

That's what our differences all boil down to. That's it.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:40 PM

I never did this....
What other reason would there be to discount BigJ's photo?

What's CLEAR is that you'd never give me the benefit of the doubt on ANYTHING.
I (and many others) TRIED to give you the benefit of the doubt by TRYING to help you when you first got here and many times since then.......Your response has ALWAYS been to get defensive at ANY implication that YOU may have done something wrong. Despite countless decades of experience at your disposal you chose to get nasty and respond with your famous "You weren't there" line and insist you knew better (even though you had NEVER hunted deer before in your life)...........very little has changed since then (proven by your wounding thread).

you'll sit at your computer.....1,000 miles away and call me a liar.
I never said you were lying...........I (and many others) just said you were wrong. That is something you could not handle............and STILL can't considering you take EVERY chance you can to try and continue to validate that point in EVERY WB thread that pops up (regardless of the subject).
Old 04-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Site Bouncer

ARE you implying that I'm lying?
Now WHERE did THAT come from????

I implied NOTHING of the such.

I've been saying for over a year how the noise from a WB cost me an attempt on a buck. I'm willing to take your word on the vanes as the truth. Why am I not afforded the same coutesy?
Simple,

1.I proved beyond a doubt that you can set up a W/B to shoot 4in vanes without damaging them. (see pics)

2. When you spooked that deer you posted on here that it was the Biscuit and ONLY the Biscuit that could have caused it. I remember replying that I thought it was probably something other than the Biscuit. I also remember saying that I believe (and I still do)you deep down insideare convincedit was the Biscuit...and that's ok.

What I and others tried to tell you was that, in our experience (which is a lot of years in the field) it was probably something else that got that deer attention but you would have nothing of that and dug your heels in the ground and stuck to your story. In essence you gave no mind to a lot of people with many many years of bowhunting. You never ever once said "it's possible I guess but I still think it was the rest" or ANYTHING to that nature. You simply dismissed what we had to say.

The truth is, there is no way to tell what spoked your deer, you have you theory and I have mine.Thefletching are quite another story, I proved that wives tale to be false....again in bows up to about 280fps.

So what I should have been reading was something in the order of:I was wrong about the vane damage, I guess you CAN shoot 4in vanes through a Whisker Biscuit without damaging them.

Instead I get.."good for you on the vanes"

Iknow how I am andI know itwould have been different had the roles been reversed.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

What other reason would there be to discount BigJ's photo?
I didn't call him a liar, at all. i wouldn't do that. I postd the photo I did....to show that others have not had the same results that he has. Do you think "I" might have a different result than others with the WB? That is ALL I'm trying to say. JUST because it doesn't occur with your arrows....doesn't mean it doesn't occur, with mine (the noise issues). I'll take you guys at your word. I do. I would only ask that MY points not be discounted. Is that asking too much?

The only thing I have issues with.....is when others interject scenarios into a situation that didn't occur. I think you're a knowledgeable hunter. I've learned from you and MANY others, here.

If you weren't there, though.....you really have no idea of what transpired. It's that simple.

I never said you were lying...........I (and many others) just said you were wrong.
So if I say the WB makes noise.....and the deer heard it......I'm wrong. There's a bunch of us that are wrong about it, I guess. I guess I'm wrong every time I hear it. I swear I think I hear something, though.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

BigJ...

If you took my post as saying you weren't being truthful.....that is NOT how it was intended.I have NO issues with you OR your claims/results......never have. I'm happy for you. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

There are others who have had dissimilar results.....and I don't think they're lying, either.

Again....I have NO reason to doubt you.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Germ

Ok instead getting all in a WB debate lets take a step back.

BigJ
Would you say a drop away will "hide" setup problems more on a bow than a WB. Which is why one shows and other does not?

I tried Blazers this year and the flew aweful with a BH. Feathers all was great, I look at the spine chart and I was right in the brink of getting a stiffer arrow. I bought some for a test and the Blazer were great. I think the blazer showed me a setup issue the feathers were "Hidding" because the arrow recovered so fast.

Is this what is happing with some of these guys? The WB is showing there setup problems.
Germ.

I have not shot both enough to be able to determine that, but if I had to guess, I would say you were correct. I have said all along no matter what type of rest, bow, arrows or anything you shoot, you need to set it properly and make sure all of the components are compatable with each other or you will continue to have problems.

Some worse than others no doubt.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:56 PM

I also admitted (again, in public)....when I played everything back in my mind.....that I likely DIDN'T aim, correctly (newsflash).I never claimed"no fault" when I injured that deer. I readily admitted my mistakes.
You became abrasive at the first hint of a non ego soothing post in that thread...........no different then the WB blame thread.

I'd find it HIGHLY pompous of me to claim to know what went wrong in a deer hunting scenarioa fellow hunter depicted. I wasn't there. I have to rely on what the only person that was there is telling me.If you told me your quiver squeaked and it spooked a deer......even though I've shota few deer with the same quiver.....andNEVER had an issue......do I call you a liar? Not me.
No one called you a liar.........they just offered a more likely explanation for your experience seeing how you had never shot a deer before. You chose to dismiss that and insist you knew better then people who had already been in that spot 100 times............and you continue to this day.

Quick Reply: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.