Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Old 04-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Here's a photo of another person's test.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I guess the difference would be that this picture is an OBVIOUS poor setup as you can see the black streak on the bottom blue vane where it is contacting the outer ring.

Or are you implying that BigJ12 is lying?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I was reading the newest Bowhunting World mag and came across this from NORB MULLANEY.....

I have a whisker biscuit installed on my hunting bow because I like the fully contained design. With it I use either trueflight 5-inch three-fletch feathers or 4.7-inch three-fletch FlexFletch vanes. I shoot this with a release aid and am quite satisfied with the results.

I am not saying you should or shouldn't use a WB it just shocked me to see Norb uses one for hunting and thought I would share it with you guys.
Probably getting sponsor $$$ to promote the WB. Why does anyone need a containment rest unless you are crawling around on your belly hunting mulies? Get a containment drop away if you want containment IMO. Why is fletching contact a great feature?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Site Bouncer

But every rest will make some noise, that's why people put moleskin on their rests to quiet them down.
hey...I do this, too! I just could never figure out how to do it with my WB. How do you do it?
It's easy....I tookthe Whisker Biscuitout of the package and put it on my bow.

How do you like my arrows?No comment on that?I believe you said that you never saw anyone who shot 4in vanes through a Whisker Biscuit that didn't have damage. I believed I proved otherwise.

This is precisely my point. A newbie reads that and thinks there is no way they can shoot 4in vanes through a Whisker Biscuit without some kind of damage and that is flat out false.....and I proved it.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: atlasman

I guess the difference would be that this picture is an OBVIOUS poor setup as you can see the black streak on the bottom blue vane where it is contacting the outer ring.

Or are you implying that BigJ12 is lying?
If I took a drop-a-way or any other kind of rest and didn't set it up correctly, the arrow would be bouncing off of the rest causing the same (if not worse) kind of damage....so what....all you showed mewas anarrow shot from a bow that was not set up correctly. I can show you hundreds of pictures like that from all types of rests drop-a-way's included.

ARE you implying that I'm lying?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Dominant Buck

BigJ....

Good for you on the vanes.

It's not the reason "I" switched, though. You know.....I could go to my bow shop, tonight, and make a video .....WITH sound....of me drawing 10 different arrows through the WB. IF it proved my point RE: noise.....would you concede MY point?

I have a feeling that I would be accused of neither me nor my bow shop owner being able to properly set up a WB or draw an arrow through it, properly. That's been the M.O., so far.

if I make the video/audio......will you concede MY point?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ok instead getting all in a WB debate lets take a step back.

BigJ
Would you say a drop away will "hide" setup problems more on a bow than a WB. Which is why one shows and other does not?

I tried Blazers this year and the flew aweful with a BH. Feathers all was great, I look at the spine chart and I was right in the brink of getting a stiffer arrow. I bought some for a test and the Blazer were great. I think the blazer showed me a setup issue the feathers were "Hidding" because the arrow recovered so fast.

Is this what is happing with some of these guys? The WB is showing there setup problems.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Dominant Buck

ARE you implying that I'm lying?
Now WHERE did THAT come from????

I implied NOTHING of the such.

I've been saying for over a year how the noise from a WB cost me an attempt on a buck. I'm willing to take your word on the vanes as the truth. Why am I not afforded the same coutesy?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:21 PM

BigJ....

How sad that when someone is proven wrong that they have to resort to denial or implications of lying.

You know.....I could go to my bow shop, tonight, and make a video .....WITH sound....of me drawing 10 different arrows through the WB. IF it proved my point RE: noise.....would you concede MY point?

What point??.......that drawing a bow indoors in front of a video camera somehow equates to scaring a deer in the woods from 20 feet up a tree? I know you try to take EVERY WB thread and turn it into your own little defense of why you spooked one of the first deer you ever tried to draw a bow on but give it a rest.........no one cares and tens of thousands of animals fall to the rest year after year so your little "perception" of what happened is meaningless.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Site Bouncer

BigJ....

It's not the reason "I" switched, though. You know.....I could go to my bow shop, tonight, and make a video .....WITH sound....of me drawing 10 different arrows through the WB. IF it proved my point RE: noise.....would you concede MY point?

I have a feeling that I would be accused of neither me nor my bow shop owner being able to properly set up a WB or draw an arrow through it, properly. That's been the M.O., so far.

if I make the video/audio......will you concede MY point?
There is a big difference here Jeff. You said that you "never" saw a 4in vane shot through a W/B that didn't have damage and I proved that was not the case.

I on the other hand never said the W/B didn't make noise....what I did say is I thought the noise that it does make is negligible.

Do some arrows make more noise than others? I'm sure they do. All of the arrows that I have shot through the W/B have made very little (negligible) noise, even when I was shooting alum. Gamegetter II's. None would ever prompt me to worry about noise when hunting.

Quick Reply: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.