Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Old 04-02-2007, 09:53 AM

Default RE: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

ORIGINAL: Germ

How would a drop away biscuit work?
Pretty poorly I would guess

Itwould look like PacMan. They could call it PacMan Biscuit[8D]
Or.......the Open Whisker Biscuit..........just imagine the fun guys would have googling that
Old 04-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

It just doesn't look cool enough to be on my bow[8D].
Try this one

Great a WB on steriods

When they come out with the Drop away WB I will buy one

Atlas is that a metal frame?
Yep, it's a metal frame custom made by Fuse. Pretty cool if you ask me........

I don't know why it takes someone like Norb to give credence to the Whisker Biscuit when there were a few of us telling you guys all along that it's a good rest!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Or.......the Open Whisker Biscuit..........just imagine the fun guys would have googling that
The name just makes me laugh!!

Big12 I am not suprised, my buddy put a drop away on his kids bow. We were having a lot of issues with it. I finally git him to put a WB on it. The kid loved it!!! All is good.

For some it is just how it looks, me included
Old 04-02-2007, 11:00 AM
Site Bouncer

The name just makes me laugh!!

Big12 I am not suprised, my buddy put a drop away on his kids bow. We were having a lot of issues with it. I finally git him to put a WB on it. The kid loved it!!! All is good.

For some it is just how it looks, me included
People use different equipment for different reasons, including aesthetics. I have no problem with that because most of the products on the market work just fine. My beef has always been with those who slam this rest like it's a POS. This makes newbie members to this fourm (and hunters) think it's nota good rest when in fact it's arguably one ofthe better (IMO the best) hunting rests on the market today.

Ifpeople don't like it that's fine but they should stop perpetuating the misconceptions that are being passed on from post to post.

It's pretty simple, if set up correctly, you will have no damage to your vanes, no damage to the biscuit fibers, no drop in accuracy, negligible drop in speed and negligible amount of noise.

I can say this because once set up correctly I have experienced none of these problems. Now I know I don't have "Jack's magic biscuit" because I too had some of the problems listed above. Once I fixed thecause (mine was the wrong size biscuit opening) my problems stopped, so I know these problems can be corrected and quite easily I might add.

Now I must preface this by saying I can only make this observation about bows that shoot up to about 280fps. Maybe faster shooting bows have a problem with the W/B, I don't know. Perhaps someday somebodywill do some research into the effects ofbow speed on the W/B. I would be interested in that for sure as I have my own suspicions regarding that subject.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Dominant Buck

It's pretty simple, if set up correctly, you will have no damage to your vanes, no damage to the biscuit fibers, no drop in accuracy, negligible drop in speed and negligible amount of noise.
For the record, BigJ.......I agree with everything you said. I've never seen anyone, though, that shot 4" vanes through a WB that had NO vane damage (if you consider warping of the vanes "damage").No "negligible amount of noise" is also up for interpretation. What some are willing to accept.....I wasn't. I was also using (in my experience in testing MANY arrows on the draw) THE "noisiest" arrows available.

I LOVE my Summit Viper stand. I ALSO understand that the rail "might" be a hinderance to MANY bowhunters. It SEVERELY negates one's abilities to shoot from a sitting position. It's a "hinderance" that I'm willing to accept......but I won't deny it exists.

I've ALWAYS said that the WB is a great rest. I'll stand by that. Is it perfect? Nope. Are any of them? Nope.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

For the record, BigJ.......I agree with everything you said. I've never seen anyone, though, that shot 4" vanes through a WB that had NO vane damage (if you consider warping of the vanes "damage").
Well......all you had to do is ask.

Here are arrows that I received as aChristmass gift from my brother-in-law. They are Carbon Express Elimator 350 and they originally came with perfectly straight fletched vanes. I had them refletched with a 4deg offset and I have been praticing with them since January. I probably have put over a thousand shots through them as I shoot almost 100 each time I go and I have gone about 12-15 times since the first of the year.

There is absolutely no sign of damage at all and mind you these are the el-cheapo 4in vanes my Pro Shop keeps in stock.

1000 words.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Site Bouncer

Another view

Old 04-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Site Bouncer

Last one....good enough?

Old 04-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

No "negligible amount of noise" is also up for interpretation. What some are willing to accept.....I wasn't. I was also using (in my experience in testing MANY arrows on the draw) THE "noisiest" arrows available.
I used the word negligible because there is some noise when you draw. But every rest will make some noise, that's why people put moleskin on their rests to quiet them down. I have found that with my Bemans I had very little noise, infact my clothes made more noise than my arrow did. With the Carbon Express arrows there is even less noise. So the LAST thing on my mind when I go hunting is my rest making noise.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

But every rest will make some noise, that's why people put moleskin on their rests to quiet them down.
hey...I do this, too! I just could never figure out how to do it with my WB. How do you do it?

I have found that with my Bemans I had very little noise, infact my clothes made more noise than my arrow did.
Again!! Common ground! i agree that the Beamans make VERY little (nt even negligible) noise!

So the LAST thing on my mind when I go hunting is my rest making noise.
Me too!

Quick Reply: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.