Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Old 04-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Paul,
Well said.
When I was a youngster I knew people that used to play archery golf. A course was set-up and you shot your bow like you played a round of golf using flu flu fletching on the arrows. Was a great way to learn how to judge distance if I recall.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

THERE IT IS! I've been waiting to see who'd dust off that tired ol' cliche and throw it into the fray. "Elitist."

Yep, couldn't nobody say the least thing unflattering about Matthews bows a few years back without getting pounced on like a June bug in a chicken coop. Just like you guys now with your wb's today. If you wb lovers haven't noted the near direct correlation between yourselves and the old Matthews crowd, you've not spent much time in front of a mirror lately. LOL

I'd rather have a sister working in a house of ill repute than have a brother with a whisker biskit on his bow.

Let's see if that doesn't get us to 20 pages. [8D]

WB elitest??

Old 04-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

"I'd rather have a sister working in a house of ill repute than have a brother with a whisker biskit on his bow. "

Well, with that kind of open minded thinking I'm not sure what the point is to try and discuss anything. Kinda , almost a fundamentalist attitude really.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Dominant Buck

I do see the VAST MAJORITY of hunters utilizing one.........which by your logic would make it the best hunting rest........which is what I have said all along.
Hey...I just posted "my" experiences with this rest....and made sure I emphasized "my". "I" DON'T see the majority of EXPERIENCED, (what I would call - "expert") hunters utilizing this rest. So....you have a differing experience/opinion. Good for you. I don't particularly care for what THE majority f hunters are using.I go with what works, for me.....and, when in question, with what people "I" trust in the "sport/industry" are utilizing. I just don't see the BEST using a WB. That's all I ever said. I could care less what the "majority" is using.

No moving parts
Less expensive (for some people this matters)
Easier to tune
Quieter
No mole skin needed
No worries about what bow it will work with based on cable travel etc
No need to change your cable slide or use a bow press
Very tough and durable
Fast reload (if needed)
Availability of parts
I'm going to concede some points. OK...it has no moving parts. OK...it's less expensive. Easier to tune??? Come on......I only know of a handful of guys who've never had theirs perform noiseless, w/ no vane damageetc. It can't be THAT easy to tune. As far as I can tell.....there's only 3 or 4 experts who have the credentials to tune them. EVERY time someone claims an issue with one of these.....the consensus from the "experts" is that they tuned it wrong. No mole skin needed?? Where would you put it? if it was easy to quieten one of these things down....I know at least 2 more that would be in use. And as far as moving parts, cable slides, availability of parts, etc.........I don't see a large contingency of Drop away users claiming these "downfalls". Theirr rests are performing flawlessly, too, and have been, for years!

I, too, wouldn't worry about speed loss. Vane damage? Again....for every one person you cite with none.....I'll find you ten who DID experience vane damage. Oh yeah.....they don't know how to set up theirs......because it's so ea......sorry. I forgot. Accuracy? OK....but the people that have made being accurate count are the guys shooting targets and 3D. The absence of this rest among this group of archers should tell us something. Durability? Given. A steel eye hook welded to the riser would bemore durable.....but I don't see many getting their stingers and welding rods out. Cost? BINGO! Containment? BINGO!.....but that's been achieved with the fall-away, too.

This is a GREAT hunting rest! If I didn't worry about noise issues....I'd still use it! I'm done on this one. I'll post a redundant, admittedly, post to see what our bretheren are using. People can take those poll results and make their own decisions as to: the type of archer....experience of said archer...etc...the trust they put into any given rest. Or...they could post their own experiences.......(and, as we all know, have them discounted).

NO ONE got ugly during this thread (not ONCE)....and NO ONE said anything personal. I think it was a great discussion....and I thank you Atlas (and others), personally, for that.

Sincerely,

Old 04-05-2007, 06:19 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hey...I just posted "my" experiences with this rest....and made sure I emphasized "my". "I" DON'T see the majority of EXPERIENCED, (what I would call - "expert") hunters utilizing this rest.
Then you should use one because you are neither EXPERIENCED or an "expert" hunter...........Right?

I don't particularly care for what THE majority f hunters are using.
You said yourself that you want to know what the successful people are using........well more animals fall to the WB every year then any other rest................so which is it?

I go with what works, for me.....and, when in question, with what people "I" trust in the "sport/industry" are utilizing.
Why did you choose the WB in the first place then?

I just don't see the BEST using a WB. That's all I ever said. I could care less what the "majority" is using.
So you are part of this group of the BEST huh?

It can't be THAT easy to tune.
How many have you set up?

No mole skin needed?? Where would you put it? if it was easy to quieten one of these things down....I know at least 2 more that would be in use.
You don't have to quiet it down...........that's the whole point. I don't want mole skin stuck on my rest so I have to worry about the added weight causing the drop arm to not function right in the rain or maybe the stuff peeling up on a twig or due to the heat/humidity and sending my POI way off...........just all things I don't want to have to think about no matter how rare they may occur.........I don't want even the slightest chance of that by adding mole skin to my rest. I can't imagine for the life of me why you think this rest is too loud to hunt with yet thousands of people take them in the woods every year with no problems. You shoot ACC's and they are SILENT in a WB..........I don't see your point on this issue at all.

And as far as moving parts, cable slides, availability of parts, etc.........I don't see a large contingency of Drop away users claiming these "downfalls".
You asked for reasons to choose a WB over a drop away.........I like my cable slide and so do lots of other guys, it's a slick teflon small slide and there is no place to attach a string........I don't want to switch to a slower, sticky plastic slide just to have a place to attach a string. The more moving parts you have the more likely a problem becomes, it's that simple. As far as availability goes that is a VERY big deal........bust a part on a limb driver or a ripcord and you better HOPE you are near a BIG outlet store or archery shop.........None of those rests even have parts available that I have seen. Any problems with a WB and you can get a new disc just about anywhere. Pretty much the same as taking a 30 '06 on a hunting trip........you can go anywhere in the world and if you have any problems with ammo you could find shells no problem.........now if you have problems with your 300 WSSM ammo.........you're screwed!!!!

Theirr rests are performing flawlessly, too, and have been, for years!
I shot a drop away...........biggest piece of crap I ever wasted $70 on.

I, too, wouldn't worry about speed loss. Vane damage? Again....for every one person you cite with none.....I'll find you ten who DID experience vane damage.
I wouldn't consider wavey vanes as "damage".........it has no effect on the arrow or it's flight........it's not like they are being shredded or something.

Accuracy? OK....but the people that have made being accurate count are the guys shooting targets and 3D. The absence of this rest among this group of archers should tell us something.
Just as Buckeye told you earlier the BEST don't shoot drop aways either..........what does THAT tell you??

Durability? Given. A steel eye hook welded to the riser would bemore durable.....but I don't see many getting their stingers and welding rods out.

What's your point??.......durability is a valid reason to choose the WB (which is what you asked for).

Cost? BINGO!
Is there something wrong with that??

Containment? BINGO!.....but that's been achieved with the fall-away, too.
I don't consider what the QAD rest offers as "containment".......moving your bow around will cause your arrow to bounce around in about an inch of open space............seriously.......what is even the point of having that top bar??

This is a GREAT hunting rest!
Then why do you spend so much time trying to convince everyone they should get something else?

Old 04-05-2007, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

You said yourself that you want to know what the successful people are using........well more animals fall to the WB every year then any other rest................so which is it?
Would you care to share the source for that statistic? I think you're blowing a great deal of smokeup someone's pants leg with that one. LOL[8D]

Old 04-05-2007, 06:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Not interested anymore. I enjoyed the conversation.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:31 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Would you care to share the source for that statistic? I think you're blowing a great deal of smokeup someone's pants leg with that one. LOL[8D]
Take a stats class.............and help your sister find a new job.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Not interested anymore.

Yea..............the TRUTH is so booooooooooooooring
Old 04-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Atlasman.... Maybe you need to take a class on how to source and validate information and drop the class you're inon creative fiction writing. Looks like you could test out on that one anyway.

Quick Reply: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.