Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Old 04-04-2007, 08:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

ThePROV golf ball, the stuff that the pros and clubpros use etc etc....
Old 04-04-2007, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Buckeye....

I WAS a club pro. I WAS in that group of Ams. "I" used the stuff I was touting, too. Those guys were my peers, hence my correlation. I ADMITTEDLY don't know much of the technical criteria of archery. I've never claimed to. When one doesn't know these things......who do they turn to for advice? They turn to the people who ARE successful and the people they trust to be knowledgeable in the industry (i.e. friends who are good at 3D and who are good hunters.....and their pro shop owners).

That's ALL I was/am trying to say. I trust the people who are successful at ANYTHING they do to help me make sound decisions. I think you can understand this.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:40 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

You guys crack me up..... Golf and bowhunting are two different creatures.... GMMAT I cannot understand why mostevery discussion on the board, you try to relate it to golf?

Bowhunting is bowhunting....

I am a carpenter... Should I relate everything to what brand of hand and power tools thebest carpenters use?

No, that would be silly.
Actually golf and archery are VERY similar. They both use the same basic skills as far as the mental game, having proper form, being able to repeat that form, judging distance and other things.

I often equate archery to golf. Especially in terms of practice and getting help. If more people in archery would get lessons instead of trying to buy the "better" product they would probably shoot better. Same goes with golf. I bet most of the really good golfers didn't get that way by winging it and screwing around in their back yard. I know it hasn't helped me any.

Why would archery be any different? (Rhetorical question, no comment needed.)

Paul
Old 04-04-2007, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT
Honestly......this is going nowhere.
This hasn't really gone anywhere in several pages

Paul
Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 PM

I just don't see the MAJORITY (not even close) of serious archery enthusiasts utilizing a WB.
I do see the VAST MAJORITY of hunters utilizing one.........which by your logic would make it the best hunting rest........which is what I have said all along.

(full arrow containment). Besides this claim to fame......WHY else would you choose this rest over a fall-away?
No moving parts
Less expensive (for some people this matters)
Easier to tune
Quieter
No mole skin needed
No worries about what bow it will work with based on cable travel etc
No need to change your cable slide or use a bow press
Very tough and durable
Fast reload (if needed)
Availability of parts

Can this rest consistently take animals? Sure.
What else is there to say then?

As with ANY piece of hunting (or any other) equipment, though.....we weigh the positives and the negatives when choosing what we want to utilize (even $$ being a consideration to some).
What exactly are the "negatives" you speak of??

Speed loss??........1-2 fps=meaningless
Vane damage?.........you have been told (and now shown) this is avoidable
Accuracy??..........Never a doubt that this rest is accurate
Cost??............Cheaper then most rests
Durability??.........Again no doubt the rest is tough
Containment??...........the benchmark for all other rests
Noise??.......your favorite thing to harp on.......you base ALL your so called "negatives" on the story of you getting busted that you just can't let go ........it's funny how you want to play the numbers game except when it goes against you.......thousands and thousands of animals fall EVERY year to a WB and hundreds of thousands of hunters with countless decades of experience use it with no problems.......BUT according to you we should throw out all that based on the fact that a rookie deer hunter who had never even tried to kill a deer before THINKS his WB scared one away.

Doesn't seem logical to me.

The best 3D shooters and the best hunters "I" know utilize what they do for a reason, I'm betting. I just don't see many of the people I cite utilizing the WB.

Coincidence?
What in the world does someone's rest have to do with being a good hunter??

The BEST hunter I know uses an old Golden Eagle bow and crappy old gear right along with it............his gear makes NO difference to him........all he demands of it is it hit where he aims.......nothing more. What makes him a great hunter has NOTHING to do with equipment.........the shot is a mere formality to finalize his endless work at outsmarting his game and putting himself in the right place at the right time.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:47 PM

The correlation is the best players/shooters. NOTHING more.

Man...........your elitest attitude would have fit in great with the Mattews crowd a few years back. A bunch of people that thought shooting a particular bow elevated them to a class above the "commoners"

You would have fit right in.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

THERE IT IS! I've been waiting to see who'd dust off that tired ol' cliche and throw it into the fray. "Elitist."

Yep, couldn't nobody say the least thing unflattering about Matthews bows a few years back without getting pounced on like a June bug in a chicken coop. Just like you guys now with your wb's today. If you wb lovers haven't noted the near direct correlation between yourselves and the old Matthews crowd, you've not spent much time in front of a mirror lately. LOL

I'd rather have a sister working in a house of ill repute than have a brother with a whisker biskit on his bow.

Let's see if that doesn't get us to 20 pages. [8D]

Old 04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: atlasman

The correlation is the best players/shooters. NOTHING more.

Man...........your elitest attitude would have fit in great with the Mattews crowd a few years back. A bunch of people that thought shooting a particular bow elevated them to a class above the "commoners"

You would have fit right in.
Atlas and GMMAT suck at ignoring
Old 04-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

[8D]
Old 04-04-2007, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P
I'd rather have a sister working in a house of ill repute than have a brother with a whisker biskit on his bow.

Let's see if that doesn't get us to 20 pages. [8D]
Ha, that cracks me up. Your getting pretty spunky lately Arthur, did you up your One A Day dosage?

Glad to see you posting again, and with an attitude to boot.

Paul

Quick Reply: For all the Whisker Biscuit haters....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.