Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How to put on face paint?

Old 04-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Spike

Default RE: How to put on face paint?

THAT ARMY SGT. would have been ripped a new one in our unit.whos he think he is, rambo.as other have said lighten the dark and darken the light.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How to put on face paint?

I usually start with a base layer of Krylon aerosol enamel, just spritz it on nice and evenly (making sure to keep your eyes closed). I'd recommend a green or brown. Be sure to get the insides of your ears and nostrils really well. Do not lick any runs. If you wear glasses, you might want to start off with Rustoleum, which will protect your frames from the harsh elements while afield. Do not paint the lenses.

Using yourcamo pattern of choiceas a template, add a dark pattern crossing your face and reaching the whole way from your hairlineto your collar. Go for something in a fall motif in an oil-base, maybe a brown or a tan. Sherwin Williams has someawesome semi-gloss stuff to choose from.

Go with a healthy mixture of high- and low-gloss colors which will give you a 3-d look. I'd use something quick-drying on the teeth (maybe TESTORS model paint), and maybe use a blowdryer to expedite the process. Glue some leaves to your face to add dimension.

To finish off the ensemble, I'd takea quart of aneggshell finish Sherwin Williams and work it evenly throughthe hair, making sure not to miss any bald spots. You're really gonna want to slather it on nice and thick. Start off with a lightearthtone, and frost the tips with a darker color. Your stylist would call this "lowlights." This gives your hair texture and depth that will appear to be invisible to the discerning whitetail eye.

Good Luck!

Okay... don't really do that.