Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Non-fatal intestine shots.

Old 12-14-2002, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Non-fatal intestine shots.

anytime you puncture the abdominal organs and abdominal contents leak into the abdominal cavity then peritonitis develops and the animal dies.

Old 12-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-14-2002, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

I could not have said it any better lazeyarcher. You are correct. ANY deer hit with a broadhead. ESPECIALLY these new mechanicals w/ up to 3" dia cuts. The deer is DEAD.It just depends on the conditions on where it will lay down and die. ie. hunting pressure and what not. just my two cents.

LIFE MEMBER: United Bowhunters of PA. >>------> (x)

Edited by - kidd642 on 12/14/2002 16:30:17
Old 12-14-2002, 05:51 PM

Ok imagine this, you are walking through the woods and BAM and arrow goes clean through your guts. You seek no medical attention or make no attempt to stop the bleeding, maybe just lick the wound once or twice, and run about three hundred yards as fast as you can. you think youll live?

"She said if I hit that fishin hole today, she's be packin all her things and she'd, be gone by noon....I'm gonna miss her, when I get home."
Old 12-15-2002, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

Peritonitis = Dead deer walking... it's just a matter of time.

Shoot often - Hunt always
Old 12-16-2002, 01:58 AM

wolfen68 hit the nail on the head on this one. a gut shot, any gut shot is fatal. if someone has told you different it's because like wolfen stated. they pushed it to kingdom come and just gave up or lost blood. a gut shot deer will go approx 100 to 150 yds and lay down stiffen up and die. it takes about 8 hrs for this to happen so if you get right on a gutshot deer and keep jump it you take the laying down and stiffing up part out of the equation. a deer can run a long way in 8 hrs. LOL....one other thing to remember if you shoot one in the guts and if there is a water source anywhere close thats probably where your deer is going to head. they have a tendency to head to water when gut shot and usually you'll find them laying dead in it. so for those of you that feel compelled to chase a gut shot deer right after you shoot it and keep jumping it up, and you figure its gonna live...its not. the next day walk the nearest creek, or pond and you'll probably recover your deer.

Edited by - nodose on 12/16/2002 03:04:18
Old 12-16-2002, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I asked my wife, the veterinarian, about this and she just rolled her eyes and gave me that "your kidding me, right" look. As most others have said. They all die.