Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New 3D toy w/ Pics.........Martin shoot through custom

Old 03-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New 3D toy w/ Pics.........Martin shoot through custom

Looks good. It sounds like the specs should be great for your purpose. I'd prefer a little more speed, but you're probably a better judge of distance than I am. You'll have to let us know how she performs when you get your new cams.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the comments guys. The bow does look great, I am thrilled with it. Again I want to thank the guys at Martin and Gibblet as well for the help.......not a lot of companies will help or support you doing something like this.

I really can't wait till it is all tuned and set up. Hopefully next week this time everything is done so I can start shooting it. Our first of the local circuit 3D shoots is coming up on 4/11 and it is at myhome club in Clifton Park. I hope to have the bows debut at that shoot.

Any of you locals that want to have some fun should head out to this event! I know a few of you on here are close to me.

I will post more information on exact specs of the bow when everything is done next week.

~Matt
Old 03-28-2007, 06:53 PM

It's a beauty RJ. I think she'll lead you to a few wins this summer.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:10 AM

Definately a beautiful bow. I bet you'll get to take a pic. w/ the Martin girls.
Old 03-29-2007, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

awesome but theres a lot of strings

Old 04-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

w00t!!!!

All the items are here now........

New string and new cams are in, and I get to build it, set to proper draw length, and time the cams tonight. Unfortunately I have to work late and won't get home till late, so I won't be able to shoot it till tomorrow. We got a new chrono at the shop so I will bring it with me tomorrow and get it on the chrono to see how fast it is too. Our local club is hosting a 3D shoot this upcoming weekend too........hopefully I can get it tuned up by then.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:06 PM
Dominant Buck

With those colors, if I didn't know better I'd think you were a Baltimore Orioles fan.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright, it is all together. Last night I ran into a problem and had to swap limbs out because the original ones I had maxed out at 86lbs. Luckily after work today I headed to the shop and we had another brand new pair that maxed out at 67lbs.....perfect. Got my cam lean dialed in by measuring ATA on both sides and adjusted so both were dead on the same, and then used the old arrow on the cams trick to eyeball for lean. Wish I had the nifty tool Len designed and a laser but this will do for now. After this I had to put a several twists in the cables to get the holding weight and draw length perfect and took one turn out of the limbs to get it back in check and now she sits at 68lbs finished.

Final specs are 37 7/8" ATA, and 7.75" brace. I put a 355 grain arrow downrange at 286-287fps at a measured 29 13/16" AMO draw length when had it down at 64lbs with a loaded up string. I am probably doing 290ish or so as it is setup now and may have to weigh the arrows down a bit because I am only looking for 280-285 to get the pin gaps I want. I am currently shooting GT xcutter pro's and haven't cut them yet but they should weigh in around 350-352 grains or so and I may need to add in 10 grain weights to the points for the setup to be perfect.

Tomorrow I am off to creep and walkback tune the bow, put it back through the chrono, and hopefully get it sighted in out to 40 yards. My first outdoor 3D event of the year is Sunday.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Rick please stop... my brain hurts with all that. LOL Do you have any fun at all with shooting. LOL I got a string, loop, sight and an arrow. It's hard to see it fly and it hits somewhere near where I want.