Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shedded Bucks

Old 03-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Shedded Bucks

After bucks shed their racks to the "wounds" or the holes get covered back up with fur? I guess what I'm asking is that, how hard is it to tell between a shedded buck and a doe. by the head
Old 03-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shedded Bucks

The bucks will have a bloody looking spot for a while. You can definately see where the antler was. Then pretty soon the new one will be sprouting.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

this is the only pic I could find, but typically the bucks will have small indentions where their antlers were for the few months they are without them and the new set begins. If you look hard enough you can still tell, although I realy look more at their body and head shape to make the call.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:31 PM
Typical Buck

Bucks have a flat head area and does have a rounded shaped head around the ears...somtimes its a tough call to call but soon they will start sproutin!
Old 03-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

see at first i look at this i say doe but then i zoomed in on the head and looked and I couldnt tell. I could be seeing things, save the pic and zoom in on it and see what you guys think.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

bump
Old 03-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

This is a trail cam pix of a buck I took on 03.18.07. If you look closely you can see where he has recently shed his antlers. Also look at this body.He appears more "athletic" than the does. Hope this helps a little.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

what aboutt he picture i posted....zoom in on it and tell me what you think
Old 03-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looking at your picture you had posted and zooming in on it , I would say thats a buck I can see where the antlers where although they were kinda small.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Looking at your picture you had posted and zooming in on it , I would say thats a buck I can see where the antlers where although they were kinda small.

thats what I was thinking too, I have a picture of a little spike that i was thinking but hard to tell. I put the camera back out, maybe ill get some more of him, full body shots.

Quick Reply: Shedded Bucks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.