Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is this cheating?

Old 03-29-2007, 06:09 AM

Default RE: Is this cheating?

I see deer everytime I head to my stand before daylight with a flashlight. Funny thing is, they never "hang out" waiting for daylight. They usually run off snorting at me and blowing my hunt!

Ethical? I dont see a problem. Your friend is not "spotlighting". Rifles are better for "spotlighting" from what I hear anyway.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think you should waste your time thinking about it anymore - or even in the first place.

Great trick? Ha Ha Ha

What if there's more than 1 deer? What does he have 2 lights? That light shining in the deer's eyes just ain't going to suspend the deer from running off - the friend's trick is that he has people believing this BS.

Sure it might have happened once an that's called a freak occurence.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:53 AM

I think if the teens were being disrespectful toward the officer, then by all means bust them, but if they were simply stranded, and as teens do, were passing the time in some nonsecal way by shining a flashlight at deer while waiting with no intention of causing harm, then a short lecture would have likely sufficed. If I had gotten the max type of punishment for all the mistakes I made when a teen, without getting a little slack once in a while, I would have been in a lot of you know what.