Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hoyt Vectrix...

Old 03-26-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Hoyt Vectrix...

Am I making the right decision?

Well this is my first post and I actually found this forum trying to find more info about the new Hoyt Vectrix. I currently shoot an out-of-date Jennings Buckmaster (the original) and I find it a tad heavy, loud and a little on the slower side.

I hunt Whitetail deer and hogs so I want a bow that is fast, reliable, quiet and light. $700 is about my budget and I really want the best money can buy (within my budget).

Please give me any feedback as it is all appreciated. I will probably be purchasing my new bow later this week.

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Old 03-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hoyt Vectrix...

Any of the flagship bows will be a big improvement on what you shoot. They all shoot an arrow fast and quietly with little vibration and schock. The Vectrix is great as are the Mathews, Bowtech and Ross bows. You might also try a Reflex before buying a Hoyt. Same company, cheaper bows. But don't buy what someone else likes, try them and pick the one you prefer to shoot.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:46 PM

Good advice. Just looking for some feedback. My buddy shoots a Reflex (I think) and its a nice bow but reminds me a lot of my current bow. Although I do like the feel of his bow's grip better than mine.

I am not too worried about buying a Reflex to save a few dollars...just want to buy something that I won't regret in a few weeks. I haven't heard of Ross bows but I think its hard to beat the speed of the Vectrix?
Old 03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most people here will tell you to shoot every bow that you can in your price range. And make your decision based on what feels right to you. Do not buy your new bow based on what someone else tells you you will like. And don't rush into it, that is a lot of money to plunk down. Make sure the bow is the one you want. Happy Hunting.

By the way welcome to the forum. You will find tons of usefull info here.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

I have never owned one. I don't think you can go wrong with any one of the big boys...in no particular order, bowtech, hoyt, mathews, ross. Also Diamond and Darton are very nice too.

Try to shoot them all and see what feels best for you. Is $700 your total budget including accessories? If so, you are looking at over $1000 for a Vectrix with accessories. Good Luck

Old 03-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Thanks for the great advice. I honestly didn't know that you could shoot any bow before buying. I will definitely shoot a bowtech, hoyt and any others.

No, my price for the bow is $700. I am actually trading my bow in so hopefully I will get a little money off of that for some accessories.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: whitetailhunter01

I honestly didn't know that you could shoot any bow before buying.
Its like buying a car, i am going to take it for a test ride before i buy it
A good, reputable pro-shop will allow you to shoot your bow of choice, of course this is with nothing on it, but if you find a pro-shop that charges you or says no to this, walk out and find another pro-shop. Also don't go to a Cabela's or a Bass Pro shop, go to a reputable local dealer.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, don't forget, you want the best money can buy, so you also need to have a budget for the accessories, which can also get quite spendy...a great bow means nothing without a great setup...(and lots of practice)...kp
Old 03-26-2007, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check out the Ross Cardiac...its a little cheaper in most cases and its supposed to be an awesome bow.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:10 PM

Very true fellas and I appreciate all of the feedback. My local shop is Shoot Straight in Apopka. They have been great to me with guns and when I noticed bows, I went straight over and found Hoyt and Bowtech and others. I will be going back tomorrow and shooting the different models.

I will buy the accessories in the coming months. I just want to start with a solid base and I will work up from there. I generally don't like to go cheap on accessories so any feedback on a good rest (I use a bow-doodle..lol) and great sites are appreciated.

Quick Reply: Hoyt Vectrix...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.