Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I NEED HELP GUY"S! PLEASE!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:09 PM

Default RE: I NEED HELP GUY"S! PLEASE!

I DO EXACTLY TH SAME THING AT TIMES ITS LIKE YOU GET SCARED TO SHOOT SCARED TO LOOSE AN ARROW I ESPECIALLY GET LIKE THAT WHEN SOMEONE I DONT KNOW IS WATCHING ME SHOOT I DONT KNOW WHY IT JUST HAPPENS ILL BE SURE TO PRACTICE SOME OF THE THINGS SAID ON HERE

I ALSO TRY TO AIM LETS SAY RIGHT AND THEN RIGHT BEFORE I LET THE ARROW GO I WILL MOVE LEFT I HATE WHEN I DO THIS
Old 03-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

I got a bad enough case of target panic that I didnt shoot for about 3 weeks. This was the first time it happened to me in 30 plus years of shooting a bow. Since I started shooting a bow without sights it seemed natural for me to fall back on that. Still to this day in my practice I will shoot 5 arrows at a time usually 3 or 4 I will use the sights and 1 or 2 arrows I will cant the bow and no sights this seems to take alot of the pressure off. And remember its supposed to be fun you dont need to bust nocks tear fletchings or robinhood arrows all the time.

good luck and have fun

Bill
Old 03-27-2007, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

What i do it breath in befor i shot. I also take my time when i shot. The last thing i do is hold my bow up when pulled back to make sure that the weigtht is not effecting me. Then i also think in my head keep my arm stright.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:41 PM

sounds like a bad follow through. you could be dropping your bow arm as you release which would cause the low shots. try to only move your trigger finger when you shoot. I try to hold my position after the shot until i hear the arrow hit the target.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:31 PM

Form, period. Don't worry about puttn' the pin on the bullseye. CONCENTRATE on your form only! Taken your time. There's an article in F&S from a while ago on a champion compound bow archer name Terry Wunderele, from Southern Ill. He now offers classes to hunters. The article was about form, & as mentioned in one of the earlier replies here, blind bale shooting. My shooting has improved greatly since applying this technique. When u try to hold the pin on the center of the target, your bow arm is moving to try to keep that pin in the center. It's natural, we move ever so slightly. Problem is that movement affects arrow flight @ longer distances. Worry about holding the bow perfectly still & bring the pin to the target center. Terry suggested that shooting is like pulling your bow apart. Bow arm goes foward, trigger arm goes backward. PM if u want more info on the article. This should help.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 PM

Thanks for the help guy's, it seems like it was only a few days ago that I post a reply about target panic or form. Guess my brain isn't functioning properly. Thanks again